How do you embed jpegs in this forum?

c3k

I post my screenshots to a photo service like Photobucket.com (there's several like that out there) then link to the uploaded picture using 'insert picture' (that postcard-looking icon). With BFC's new forum site there might be more up-to-date ways to do it but that's how I've been doing it for years. :rolleyes:

I post my screenshots to a photo service like Photobucket.com (there's several like that out there) then link to the uploaded picture using 'insert picture' (that postcard-looking icon). With BFC's new forum site there might be more up-to-date ways to do it but that's how I've been doing it for years. :rolleyes:

Ditto. ..... (must please the forum software for minimum lengths.)

If you want to use the attachment system, hit "manage attachments" "browse" for the file on your hard drive then "upload". It must be one of the file types and sizes listed.

It will appear at the bottom of the thread in thumbnail form, you can click on that, cut and paste the URL for the image and post it wrapped in %7Boption%7D tags to embed the image in a post.

The attachment system only gives you a small storage capacity, so photobucket or hotlinking from your own webspace might be better.

Look up. Higher higher. Stop. See the link "FAQ" on the top menu bar? :P

Followed your advice and looked around in the FAQ ("Do-a-search" style answers always cause me strong emotions). Did not find any directions regarding images. Got bored and stopped looking.

Maybe a more direct answer would be better, see MikeyD.

Best regards,

Thomm

*Edit* Now I found the info! It is contained under "What are attachments?". Perhaps "How do I post images?" would be a nice addition!

Excellent. Thanks for the helpful replies. I did not want to click on "FAQ" since I have no idea what that means. Is there a helpful list of answers to questions like that? ;) ;)

FAQ didn't help for my specifics. As I said, I used to be able to post pictures before we moved to this new attachments thing.

Thanks to all who posted helpful replies!

Now, here's a test.

UIfor81mmmortar.jpg