Hummer Error! Speedometer is broken

c3k

Guys, I dedicate this thread to Elmar Bijlsmar. (I apologize if I've mispelled your name.)

Running v1.10 under the USMC module, I cannot believe BF.C has let this slip through. Yeah, like the title says, the friggin' speedo on the Hummer is busted. It stays stuck at zero no matter what speed you drive a Hummer at.

I've tested it on many variations of Hummer with different loadouts. It doesn't matter if I FAST, QUICK, heck, even REVERSE doesn't change a thing. The dashboard speedometer stays broken at zero for ALL MY HUMMERS!!

Highway, FAST: zero. Parked, well, it works then, so somehow Charles got it right. Otherwise, no good.

BF.C, what gives? I thought you guys cared. Sheez, now I see you're just like all the other flash-in-the-pan quick buck artists. This game is totally broken.

:)

Enjoy,

Ken

I agree. The speedometer is fundamentally flawed. I don't know how BFC are expected to be taken seriously as a war-game company when they try and foist a mostly broken speedometer off on us.

They never would have done this 5 years ago. It's just another symptom of them selling out to the twitch crowd.

Jeeps in CM1 had fully working internal combustion engines with CADCAM designed chassis and reclining seats.

Come on BFC - is this how you treat your loyal customers?!

I for one won't be buying another BFC product until this is addressed.

I believe most troops are opting for the so-called "Hillbilly Speedometer," which consists of a dog hanging out the window. Velocity is registered by the angle of the dog's tongue from vertical.

'cept in this case it's a marine not a dog (sorry, couldn't resist - Navy vet here!). :P