*MOD* USMC re-texture

Second that, your mods are definately interesting!

For the moment I like to play marines as vanilla as possible, but it never hurts to have some more skins around. In my 1.08 install I keep a number of your mods in all my different Z folders. Also Russian speach appreciated in my Z_RUS ;)

I too think everyone busy playing marines and old scenarios.

1 thing i noticed, it seems the backgrounds are low res in 1.10. I have put your mountains mod in 1.10 but it seems as they are of much less resolution as before. Especially when zoomed in. I might be wrong though..

Nice work for sure, I just feel alot of these mods really don't add a ton more to the game. I had a Euro folder filled with mods and something was corrupt I suppose and my game would crash to desktop. As long as those mods aren't in the Z folder I am fine. I went mod crazy and now I am pulling back and just playing the stock game with those Mod that I know work.

I like the mods for sure.

What I would like to see is MARPAT woodland pattern with no US flag on the sodliers of the Marines. I have the Army version of the woodland pattern but it has the flag on the sholder plus the pattern just doesn't look right for the Marines.

JohnO

...don't get wobbly on us man!;)

Here is my feedback:

• Can you swap out the stock eye pro for a pair of transparent and/or yellow tinted Oakleys? This may require making the stock goggles transparent and adding new faces akin to your US Army mod. Crafting several alternatives would be fantastic. The stock textures make the Marines look overly uniform and robotic in my opinion.

• The camelback, horizontal straps and the K-Bar in the fourth image are outstanding!
  • Personally, I would "vote" to remove the carabiner, zipties and the white undershirt. Something about them doesn't measure up to the rest of the work.

Everyone's a critic, eh?

Definately interested in this!

Agree with all the points made by Peter Panzer, especially with adding variety of options we can play around with all include them all if we like (particularly i would love to see the woodland camo NBC gear option a la Generation Kill, as well as helmet options (Normal Dude's plain helmets from Spec Ops mod would fit right in).

...don't get wobbly on us man!;)

Here is my feedback:

• Can you swap out the stock eye pro for a pair of transparent and/or yellow tinted Oakleys? This may require making the stock goggles transparent and adding new faces akin to your US Army mod. Crafting several alternatives would be fantastic. The stock textures make the Marines look overly uniform and robotic in my opinion.

• The camelback, horizontal straps and the K-Bar in the fourth image are outstanding!
  • Personally, I would "vote" to remove the carabiner, zipties and the white undershirt. Something about them doesn't measure up to the rest of the work.

Everyone's a critic, eh?

Ok, thanks!

Id love to do clear/orange/yellow/grey smoke/green tinted goggles, but I cant figure out the best way to do it.

I am glad you like the equipment textures :)

Ill add a version that doesnt have the carabiner and zipties. As far as tee-shirt, I want to give them all green ones that Marines wear. Problem is that Marines use the same face textures that CMSF soldier use, and they wear light tan teeshirt.

M1:

That is looking quite good - enhanced without becoming busy. Nice compromise with the goggles too! They are reminiscent of the SG-1 eyewear produced by WileyX. Here's hoping you are able to crack the code in order to make different versions available.

Here are some other miscellaneous points:

• The dust on the M16A4 is a very nice touch. If you really want bonus points, you could add wear marks around the receiver edges, ACOG, forward assist, etc. where the parkerization has been worn off.
  • Making the pouches woodland pattern is a great detail, good eye.
  • The coloring of the center-carrier magazine pouches is off - perhaps you haven't got that far yet.
  • Frankly, I think the "undershirt," looks fine the way you presented it in the last image despite the color variation.

Keep up the good work, this one is shaping up nicely! I am impressed there are folks like you who are able to selflessly devote so much time to the community. Thank you.

M1:

That is looking quite good - enhanced without becoming busy. Nice compromise with the goggles too! They are reminiscent of the SG-1 eyewear produced by WileyX. Here's hoping you are able to crack the code in order to make different versions available.

Here are some other miscellaneous points:

• The dust on the M16A4 is a very nice touch. If you really want bonus points, you could add wear marks around the receiver edges, ACOG, forward assist, etc. where the parkerization has been worn off.
  • Making the pouches woodland pattern is a great detail, good eye.
  • The coloring of the center-carrier magazine pouches is off - perhaps you haven't got that far yet.
  • Frankly, I think the "undershirt," looks fine the way you presented it in the last image despite the color variation.

Keep up the good work, this one is shaping up nicely! I am impressed there are folks like you who are able to selflessly devote so much time to the community. Thank you.

Thanks for detailed feedback!

I cant really "crack the code", I am just working with the texture and making do with what I got.

Ill work on the M16A4 a little more...I already adjusted the color of the pouches...

Thanks again!

Looking good! I can't say I've checked the M16A4 model up that close, but wouldn't it be more interesting to model something as large as the forward assist, rather than the knobs on the AN/PEQ-2 (which are large indeed, but are they as important for the model's feel, if trying to be polygon-conservative?)

I also think that the M16 doesn't look... uniform in its texturing. The magazine has very high contrast shadows in the rivets, while the receiver and forward grip of it looks bland, pale and low-contrast in comparison. Not saying one is better than the other, but that it more looks like a collage of different textures rather than one uniform one :)

Looking good! I can't say I've checked the M16A4 model up that close, but wouldn't it be more interesting to model something as large as the forward assist, rather than the knobs on the AN/PEQ-2 (which are large indeed, but are they as important for the model's feel, if trying to be polygon-conservative?)

I also think that the M16 doesn't look... uniform in its texturing. The magazine has very high contrast shadows in the rivets, while the receiver and forward grip of it looks bland, pale and low-contrast in comparison. Not saying one is better than the other, but that it more looks like a collage of different textures rather than one uniform one :)

Thanks!

I cant change the 3D model of the item, just the textures. So the polygon count stays the same.

As far as uniformity of texturing of magazine, receiver and forward grip - blame BFC :) Its their model, though I am working on improving it. What you see it a work in progress

M1A1TC, I tend to agree with the others. I like your mods, and other people's too, but at the moment I'm busy checking out what's new with the Marines so not really downloading new mods currently. That's not to say I won't in future. There are some outstanding mods around, yours included.

Additionally, some mods do create incompatibilities that can cause game crashes. So it really is a matter of adding mods sparingly and judiciously in order to identify any that cause problems.

M1:

Thanks for following up on this one.

The plate carrier looks great - you definitely nailed the color! As I noted earlier in the thread, many of the eclectic touches you bring to the design are quite agreeable (i.e. woodland patterned pouches, K-bar, etc.).

The biggest surprise was your final treatment of the M16A4 - good touch on the ACOG and dusty receivers. Now, just be sure to revisit this one if/when BFC adjusts the model in v.1.11.;)

What happened with the transparent eye protection? Did I miss something or did it prove to be too difficult to work with?

In any event, thank you for the time you put into this. My little digital guys look more like virtual Marines thanks to you.