New Campaign in Design: Task Force Panther

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just a minor update:

I am hoping that the bug will be fixed with the release of the Marines module. The day the module is released I will be adapting the campaign. The new features from the Marines Module to be included:

- Unarmored trucks, TOW Humvees, and Mk.19 Humvees will be in it.

- The Marine squads will be modded to appear as Army Special Forces and will appear in a few missions. In fact, I already have the mod standing by.

- Syrian Airborne will make an appearence.

- The second mission has lots of A-10s, so you can revel in all their new-found glory! :D

This of course means you HAVE to have the Marines module to play the campaign. If enough people *****, I may adapt a non-Marines module version as well.

It is also worth noting that the campaign is 95% infantry and has interesting urban environments. With the plethora of infantry improvements that Battlefront is promising, you can be assured that the fun will be increased four-fold.

Oooh... I think I will make a music video for the campaign release as well. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am happy to report that the bug has seemingly been squashed with the new Marines module, and work has resumed.

I need beta testers! Email me at normaldude77@gmail.com (or PM me for that matter). About 2/3 of the scenarios are ready for testing, and most of those are finalized. We are first balancing the scenarios individually, and then they will be merged and adjusted to be played as a full campaign. I play through them at least a few times myself before handing them over, so the defects for you to find are generally minor.

Bad news: the bug is NOT squished. It affects the exact same scenarios, although now differently. My testers report that the FPS wildly osscillates between playable and completely unplayable speeds, with no seeming connection between what is happening and the frame rate. I myself do not have this problem. I am awaiting a FRAPS recording of it so I can show it to Battlefront.

Good to hear (, and Normal Dude I send you a new e-mail about performance).

Seems that this bugs only hits older PC's.

I have an oldish desktop with P4 equivalent 2,66, 1GB and 7800GS which plays the game very nice but has a strange (memory leak like) issue on Normal Dudes map. I heard this issue was solved :)

My new laptop with a fast dual core processor, 4gb of ram and nvidia nvs 160 plays CMSF at max settings using tuned up nvidia playing the biggest battles. Lots of FPS and no redraws at all :)

Perhaps the redraws were connected to filled up RAM or busy CPU's?

Good to hear (, and Normal Dude I send you a new e-mail about performance).

Seems that this bugs only hits older PC's.

I have an oldish desktop with P4 equivalent 2,66, 1GB and 7800GS which plays the game very nice but has a strange (memory leak like) issue on Normal Dudes map. I heard this issue was solved :)

My new laptop with a fast dual core processor, 4gb of ram and nvidia nvs 160 plays CMSF at max settings using tuned up nvidia playing the biggest battles. Lots of FPS and no redraws at all :)

Perhaps the redraws were connected to filled up RAM or busy CPU's?

I brought up the issue to Charles and he stated that the problem he found was a "low fps thing was due to a slow TacAI routine". It appears to be fixed. As to your clam that there is a memory leak I couldn't find anything.

I'm using a Dell XPS M1730 Dual Core Processor 3GHz, 4GB RAM, Dual Nvidia GeForce 8700M GT 516MB RAM. Oh, I'm using Windows XP SP3

Please send me a private email, thanks.

JohnO

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...