NEW SCENARIO - Armour Attacks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be frank, for most PBEM work that I do I actually copy the file to my .Mac “Public” area and get my opponent to copy it from there.

So the battle is PBEM, but the file exchange isn’t, if that makes sense.

I’m sure there are other such sites out there, but .Mac works fine for me and you don’t need to have a Mac to use it.

i came around to finish the scenario. as i was in a hurry i rushed it pretty much. also playing REDonRED for the most part doesnt help with unit preservation.

i lost 1 abrams, my FOO including his taxi, and 3 other brads, one of them a M kill only.

infantry took about 15 to 20 casualties all in all.

i ceasefired after 60 turns, at the LOA. scored me a tactical victory wich was what i aimed for. i had to pay for the speed of the operation somehow.

the map and the battle itself is brilliant. i dont know if there would have been more reinforcement after turn 60.

i defenitely replay this one in some time with more time and a more carefull aproach.

one thing i really would like to see is this map with a Stryker unit only. ofcourse they need MGS strykers and ATGM strykers, but generally id say thats more of a challenge than, wich is good.

the only negative thing i have to note is that you like to place units into "reverse slope". since Hammertime :D

it make my hairs turning gray as revers slope targets gets ignored for the most part.

ATGM pops 2 of my Brads, everyone sees it, but they keep "spotting", no cover arc and nothing helps there. major WEGO pain.

however, thats not your fault. also the fact that ATGMs arent more than a annoyance when you are hull down, wich leaves em harmless.

great battle , even more beautiful map. thanks!

Hi Duke and Pandur

Cheers for the comments guys and glad you enjoyed it smile.gif

Pandur

You missed the surprise ;)

Stuff happens after the first hour (also there are three or four, can't mind exactly, AI plans so if you play it again it'll play out differently).

Reverse slope defence is a must have when your opponent has all that fire power - sit out in the open and you just get whammed. It's the only way any Syrian unit has a chance. Still their mobile reserves don't go into reverse slope... ;)

Feel free ammend the scenario and give yourself Strykers - I'd play out the whole scenario though before doing that. I reckon they'd be toast in the second part... :D

Duke

Glad you enjoyed it - five minutes to crunch the map?! My poor wee pC takes about fifteen minutes! Once its going it plays fine with good frame rates - just the loading bit takes a while!

Thanks again to both of you for the comments.

Cheers fur noo

George

• 3 months later...