Path through wall gap

Yep, definately a problem. I've run some tests as posted before. If there's rubble on the floor of the breach, you can go through. These only seem to occur when already on the map at the start or caused by off map arty.

Direct fire from main guns/missles etc causes a rubble free gap, so you can't go through those breaches.

Regards, Darren

Ah, I had this same problem in the same place in the campaign. I also created a "breach" by blowing up the wall with a tank. I tried to get men as well as strykers through the "hole." Perhaps tanks and strykers should not be able to go through a breech but surely dismounted infantry should be able to go through. Can someone from BFC comment?

Hm. I didn't see any problems sending Strykers or infantry through walls breached by MGS fire during the second campaign. Well, not pathfinding issues, anyway. So -some- breaching with cannonfire works.

The pathfinding issues I've had so far mostly concern the middle of cities, with odd detours.

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Ah, I had this same problem in the same place in the campaign. I also created a "breach" by blowing up the wall with a tank. I tried to get men as well as strykers through the "hole." Perhaps tanks and strykers should not be able to go through a breech but surely dismounted infantry should be able to go through. Can someone from BFC comment?

Nope in my game, my infantry did not cross the breach and got massacred because they were redirected to the main gate.

Originally posted by jomni:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Nope in my game, my infantry did not cross the breach and got massacred because they were redirected to the main gate. </font>

It is an abstracted breach. It might LOOK like a breach, you might be able to see through it now that it has appeared, there might rubble strewn around indicating a true breach has been created. But no. It is an abstraction. Do a google search on the works of Rene Magritte, especially pipes. Which were not pipes. In French.

Discuss.....

wun