Dont install the demo and download version

I did this and after uninstalling the demo my hotkeys are screwed up. Alt-W now makes infantry units disappear, also tanks no longer have any shadow no matter if its on or off.

I already tried reinstalling and it still doesent show shadows anymore or give Alt-W back its old function...WTF ???

Pics:

shadowson.JPG

shadowsoff.JPG

[ July 28, 2007, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Dowarisch ]

Isnt that completely insane ? This one again proves not to buy from a small company that doesent have the funds to run a decent QA department. Combined with the performance issues I have Im really fed up by now. Is there any chance to send the preorder box back once I receive it get and get a refund ?

Did you install the demo and the full version into the same folder by chance? Have you tried uninstalling the full version completely (including deleting the folder where it was installed)? Is this the Battlefront version of the game?

Martin

This is the Battlefront version. I tried the demo because I wanted to check if it gives me the same low fps as the full version. I installed the demo into the default folder and my retail on another hd.

I have uninstalled both and then reinstalled the retail and still get this bug.

OK, this is an important piece of info though. You installed the full version first and THEN installed the demo? This isn't what one would expect and will help track down what is going on.

There is no real reason for what you're seeing as the demo and the full version shouldn't be interacting in any way (certainly not after they're uninstalled, heh) but this is above my tech knowhow so I can't offer much advice at this point. Gotta wait until Steve and Matt are in.

Martin

Originally posted by Dowarisch:

Isnt that completely insane ? This one again proves not to buy from a small company that doesent have the funds to run a decent QA department. Combined with the performance issues I have Im really fed up by now. Is there any chance to send the preorder box back once I receive it get and get a refund ?

I really wanted to make this a flame message directed to you and a few other *newbie's to game playing those who start out only hours after release whinning and bitching about refunds but you must be taught a lesson instead of a flame..put your keyboard away and start reading for a few days and chances are all your little whinny crybaby problems will be solved..sorry.

Wait a sec, those pics above show that the game is toggling through the Shadows On and Shadows OFF options.

You see that text message at the top of the screen when you use Alt-W?

If so,then the problem isn't the hotkeys they are working, its a video thing as the problem is that the shadows aren't being SHOWN.

Did you make any video driver changes perhaps?

What video card and driver version are you using? What are you Vsynch, Anti-Aliasing and Anistropic Filtering settings set to (in the drivers) and are those options enabled in the game (options panel).

Thanks!

By the way, I am willing to overlook your comment about supporting a small development team. I DARE you to try and get support at the same level from a group like EA or Ubisoft or god forbid Microsoft as you will get from us. I have WORKED for other publishers and customer support companies and they can't come CLOSE to the same level as we do.

Madmatt

By the way, I am willing to overlook your comment about supporting a small development team. I DARE you to try and get support at the same level from a group like EA or Ubisoft or god forbid Microsoft as you will get from us. I have WORKED for other publishers and customer support companies and they can't come CLOSE to the same level as we do.

Madmatt [/QB]

You forgot Dell, as your call gets directed to India to someone who hardly speaks English.

Im sorry Madmatt, I got a bit carried away since this is THE game I was waiting for this summer and with all my performance issues I get barely any playing time.

I did the screenie right after pressing Atl-W on purpose, so people can see which is which.

Ok more pain: After getting the shadow issue I first tried to use a registry cleaner to get rid of any entries that the demo might have left. Since my license on my old cleaner had run out I went and grabbed a free one from Chip Online which is a well know site.

Big Mistake: The damn program ruined my Msoe.dll (a common problem with Outlook and a huge pain in the A when it happens). Before trying to fix the problem I ran Shockforce again to check if the registry cleaner had done anything....no luck.

So I get out my WinXP install cd and went for a repair routine to get rid of the Outlook bug and fix my registry for SF. After installing and updating with SP2 I still have the same problem, no shadows.

Finally I decided for a night session, made a backup of my data, formatted my boot hd and did a full clean reinstall of WinXP. Updated XP, dl´ed all the latest drivers and I finally got shadows again. But what it didnt fix is the horrible frame rate on my system. On the Allahs Fist map I still get ~10 fps with low settings and all options off when I point the camera from one edge of the map to the other.

Intel Core2Duo 6600

2 gigs of DDR2 800 in interleave mode

BFG Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320

Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

Asus P5B with latest Bios

Logitech G11

Razer Diamondback

...all of it running on a freshly installed WinXP with latest drivers.

Originally posted by mystro:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dowarisch:

I really wanted to make this a flame message directed to you and a few other *newbie's to game playing those who start out only hours after release whinning and bitching about refunds but you must be taught a lesson instead of a flame..put your keyboard away and start reading for a few days and chances are all your little whinny crybaby problems will be solved..sorry. </font>

If it's any help, my very old under spec system runs the game ok, but has no infantry until alt-W is toggled. They are not just undisplayed they are actually not there in game terms at all.

I don't get shadows either way, but I shouldn't expect to!

A few other people have had this problem with below spec systems.

AMD 1ghz 256M Geforce4 MX440 w/128M. SB live! value sound.