Game Unplayable Speed Problem

Guys,

With all the grahics set to minimum its just unplayable. One second or more delay between frames, clicks and everything.

I dont think its spec because I can run COD and all other FPS games fine.

System Spec:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+

1.78GHz 2GB Ram

ATI Radeon Express 200 Graphics card

Windows XP

Its so bad I dont think its a spec issue?

Thanks,

Mike

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same problem here

I disabled one core, but my frames never go higher then 10fps. settings set to minimum or maximum doesn't make a difference.

Got a

Geforce 7900GT/GTO

AMD Athlon 64 4200+

2GB Ram

XP

I can Fly Il-2 on maxumum Settings with 90+ fps, so I should be able to play TOW fairly good don't you think?

Yep, same problem, disappointingly. The first basic tutorial runs fine, but after that, as more units and animations come in later, it becomes unacceptably slow and jerky. One cpu or twin, the difference is minimal. Additionally, with both cpu's active, cpu usage is shown as a consistent, processor-burning 100% (!), even without movement on screen. This can't be good.

Also, even the first tutorial takes a whole minute to load. I've got a brand new hi-spec pc, bought two months ago, in large part to run games like ToW,so its really disappointing to find its too slow to enjoy.

Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2Gig RAM, Nvidia 7950GT512, XPhome sp2. From what I've seen elsewhere TOW should run very smoothly on this, but no matter how I configure it, it doesn't. Really hope this can be sorted.

Have any of you checked for stuff running in the back ground?

I'm running a E6600, 2Gig RAM, 7300GS, XP and it's fine. But if I have both ICQ and MSN on it my fps take a dramatic nosedive out of all proportion to what you'd expect.

Some other stuff could be hogging your RAM too. If I run Silent Hunter III then afterwards I go for a bit of ToW then it's in the 5-10fps range. A restart smooths it out again.

i am having the same probably, i dont have a lighting speed pc, but its not the crappiest either:

AMD Athlon 64 2.0ghz

Geforce 6600

1gb RAM

Windows XP

the game runs perfectly fine on all settings high, but when all the reinforcements come in during the mission, even at lowest settings game is unplayable, i dont even think im getting 1 frame per second.

i just tried some things that helped. i turned all windos themes off wich is an obvious one, then i changed the paged file and restarded the comp. with all settings on medium and at 1024X768 it was aacually playable even when the russian wave come on, but i still think it should run better then it did. its kind of funny when i pause the game it scrolls very smooth. that could be becuz there is no animation but still it odd it runs perfectly smooth when paused and everything in view.

configure your graphics card so all the antiliasing and other stuff are "controled by application"
That gave me 5 more fps, I can now play with 15fps on medium settings with 1 tank and 5 infantery on the screen :S

not very exciting so far :(