Theatre of War II trailer

akd

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

You'll see Stuart and house interiors in Africa smile.gif

And what happens with the other vehicles, i dont think they want use ba-10, t-34 and panther in africa.

Can we expect a last add-on/update or is ToW-1 definitely death for 1C :( ?

Other vehicles are planned for another title, set in Eastern front.

Addon for ToW-1, as you call it - i really don't know how Africa will be released in the West. It may be stand-alone, it may require ToW, it may be able to use ToW resources - anything, big bosses will decide between them and tell us humble mortals what to do:)

In addition, we'll release something like bonus for ToW if time permits.

Originally posted by Flanker15:

So there's 2 games? One is the origonal addon and the other is Africa 1943? ToW2 is just an invention of the article link in this topic?

I'm pretty sure we should interpret that as there being a sequel planned in Russia, and unknown developments for western market. I see nothing that suggests there will or will not be an add-on.

And if there is a sequel in the works, even if only for Russian market, then "ToWII" is not an "invention."

Originally posted by Reichenberg:

In the last 1:28 I saw infantry enter buildings and I saw smoke shells - so far so good... "Available in Q4 2008" that means in a year from now ;)

If it does everything ToW does plus smoke and enterable buildings - than count me in for it!

Uwe

If you add "enhanced AI capabilities" along with that, you've definitely got my money too.

Originally posted by pad152:

If it's a separate game, will the existing TOW be updated to add the new features such as infantry in buildings?

I doubt it. It sounds like the original title has been abandoned in favour of the African campaign. I was hugely disappointed with the original, so I'm going to pass.

On a more general note I'd strongly recommend Panzer Command Kharkov. Not as pretty as TOW, but (in my opinion) far superior gameplay.

Originally posted by pad152:

Sorry, but for me Panzer Command isn't there yet! I don't like the 10 little indian infantry model.

If the expansion doesn't expand the current Tow game, I think I'll just wait for Tow II.

Each to his own, but infantry are far more effective, useful and responsive in PC than they ever were for me in TOW. "It's not there yet?" It's not as graphically pleasing as TOW, but that's the only way it's inferior to it. Not sure how you arrive at that conclusison, anyway have fun with TOW!

Well, this is getting off topic, but I don't think the infantry model in PC is as good yet as the early Combat Mission games and when I saw infantry squads all fall down like 10 little indians, that just killed it for me.