patch?

Freeboy

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

Unofficially, i think there will be huge (~1.2Gb) patch with new visibility system before end of November and smaller patches for various versions with updated MP and other fixes near the same time. Visibility patch is so huge because all maps were recompliled.

Thanks for the response, cant wait!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by theBrit:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sneaksie:

Unofficially, i think there will be huge (~1.2Gb) patch with new visibility system before end of November and smaller patches for various versions with updated MP and other fixes near the same time. Visibility patch is so huge because all maps were recompliled.

Thanks for the response, cant wait! </font>

to the above.. visability or LINE OF SITE, how could it not be linked to the map, ie a house in the way etc.. Much criticism has been made of this game engine due to the buttoned tanks see all know all approach to conflict with enemy infantry! Many, myself included had changing los number one , above enterable building smoke morters etc as the needed thing to help this game .

Linked to the map as in "scripted" LOS? Like scripted AI or scripted missions?

I only say this because the AI appears to be very scripted. If I do anything odd or weird, as in try to outflank an enemy tank, any assaulting enemy infantry will run right by me as if I wasn't even there.

I took a T70 tank on a flank of some enemy german tanks. On my way, I came upon 20 or so german soldiers who were trying to outflank me. I came to a stop and starting firing at them. Instead of diving for cover, they just kept running towards me, and right on by not even flashing a wink. As if I wasn't even there firing at them with cannon and MG.

It appeared that they are scripted in their assault role. There are other disturbing AI behaviors and it appears much of it seems to be scripted. Step outside the bounds of intended and assumed combat, and the AI looks like an idiot. I certainly hope the 1.2GB patch does much much more than address LOS. The AI needs a massive overhauling.

Originally posted by fscott55:

Linked to the map as in "scripted" LOS? Like scripted AI or scripted missions?

I only say this because the AI appears to be very scripted. If I do anything odd or weird, as in try to outflank an enemy tank, any assaulting enemy infantry will run right by me as if I wasn't even there.

I took a T70 tank on a flank of some enemy german tanks. On my way, I came upon 20 or so german soldiers who were trying to outflank me. I came to a stop and starting firing at them. Instead of diving for cover, they just kept running towards me, and right on by not even flashing a wink. As if I wasn't even there firing at them with cannon and MG.

It appeared that they are scripted in their assault role. There are other disturbing AI behaviors and it appears much of it seems to be scripted. Step outside the bounds of intended and assumed combat, and the AI looks like an idiot. I certainly hope the 1.2GB patch does much much more than address LOS. The AI needs a massive overhauling.

FScott

Just to clear things up for you...the AI is scripted. In fact, without a script, the AI will not maneuver at all (well, just slightly within a boundary area) and will only fire on targets of opportunity. This has positives and negatives...the mission designer can can dial in more complex behavior, but the scripted behavior cannot necessarily react appropriately to unusual or unexpected events...as you noticed. If you want the enemy AI to do anything other than defend, you must script some kind of movement for them.

Just giving you guys a headsup that we have begun the final QA on this new patch. As it was said before, its HUGE, over a gig in size but it contains new maps, new campaigns, new LOS system, all types of AI improvements, Multiplayer enhancements, bug fixes (of course) and much much MUCH more. I can't say exactly when its going to be released (hopefully soon, but you never know what might crop up during final testing), but it will be WELL worth the wait!

Madmatt

Thank goodness! Very good news. This game has more untapped potential than any I've seen in ages.

That said, I'll add to the 'is this in' list: Anything on the 'end game'. Still sometimes struggle with the 'hunt the enemy to the last man' thing.