patch?

Freeboy

Sneaksie and ToW creators,

Thanks for making a game that finially makes you use your mind. This game is just what I have been waiting for, the last 4 years to be exact, it isn't for Kids forsure... it takes more then point and click to play this and I for one really needed this game to keep my mind from turning to Mush playing kids online was is not really my cup of tea. I am looking forward to the patches with hope and the add on with sheer Glee. Thanks again for all your work.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sneaksie,

I have another question. I pre-ordered my game because I knew it was going to be a classic. My question is I have the d/l ed version on my machine and would like to keep it even though I have the CD version also. Will the add on work with d/led version or will I have to install CD version? I also whould like you to offer a pre-order special like you did ther the ToW game with the d/l version and the hard copy CD at the same price... I will pre-order now if you have it available. THanks for all your help.

Thanks for kind words, Jmayer.

Concerning your questons, it will be Battlefront decision how addon will work and when pre-order will be available. Russian version of addon is planned to be stand-alone. BTW, for ease of modding resources will be packed in open format like zip files.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sneaksie:

There will be 2 patches, first mainly improving MP and the second slightly later

Howdy Howdy!

Thanks so much for being so open about what's going on! We absolutely LOVE this game, but we can't play it because the majority of our MP attempts always hang... but it works JUST enough to make us DROOL!!!

The repost is that the patch and a few extras , will be out in two weeks. now that means the 14 th of Oct. Don't be to upset , even though I too am excited about being able to have the game playable online, it won't be long now.

Count down now stands at 11 days till patch is released.

Just to clarify, we dont have a fixed date on when the patch will be released so saying it will be out on the 14th is not accurate. I am assmebling a special outside team of guys who will be helping us run some focussed multi-player testing. Based on how that testing goes and what issues we find we affect when the patch will be released and what new features it will contain.

I hope to have more info on all of this soon.

Rest assured, we still have lots of stuff planned for this game!

Madmatt

Sorry for mistaking the time for release of patch. I see you have beta testing for patch now I would like to beta test it with you. I would be very happy to do that at no cost to BFC or 1C. Please feel free to email me the info. Thanks alot.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Just to clarify, we dont have a fixed date on when the patch will be released so saying it will be out on the 14th is not accurate. I am assmebling a special outside team of guys who will be helping us run some focussed multi-player testing. Based on how that testing goes and what issues we find we affect when the patch will be released and what new features it will contain.

I hope to have more info on all of this soon.

Rest assured, we still have lots of stuff planned for this game!

Madmatt

Take your time. It is better to get a patch which works smile.gif

cheers/

bus

To all with the need to know.

They are testing the beta patch for Mulitplayer now. If you would like to test it please contact MadMatt, his email is on any of the posts he has made,I have been selected to test it and need others in USA and Canada to test it with ,as for now only a few have been chosen to test it and I need people to play online to test it. So by all means guys ask Madmatt to be in the beta. HURRY...

Originally posted by Reichenberg:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jeff Duquette:

...if there is still any need for warm bodies.

Can you change the subject please - here are only men discussing important issues of their lives.... and you come up with this one smile.gif

Uwe </font>

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Sneaksie:

Unofficially, i think there will be huge (~1.2Gb) patch with new visibility system before end of November and smaller patches for various versions with updated MP and other fixes near the same time. Visibility patch is so huge because all maps were recompliled.

End of November, WOW :D