New video is coming today

Arkel

Ankündigung Gameplay-Video | Mirror-Suche

Gute Neuigkeiten: Ich habe von 1c die Freigabe bekommen! Nachdem ich noch ein wenig nachgearbeitet habe, wird es heute Abend das Gameplay-Video geben, in dem David Philippov 3 Missionen anspielt und erklärt!

Da es recht groß und in meinen Augen ziemlich heißes Material ist, könnte es passieren, dass es mein Traffic-Limit und evtl. die Bandbreite sprengt ... Falls es da draußen jemanden gibt, der noch ein paar GB oder TB Traffic zu viel hat und mich ggf. unterstützen will, würde ich mich sehr freuen, wenn er sich meldet ...

(Die Größe wird zwischen 100 bis 200 MB liegen)

http://www.theatreofwar.de/index.php?menu=news&newsid=135

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people, who don't understand (the wonderful language :D ) german, I translated the news:

Good News: I received the permission from 1C. After I have worked over it a little bit, the video will be available this evening, in the video David Philippov shows parts of 3 missions and gives explanations.

As it is large and really interesting material, it could happen that my traffic limit and bandwith won't suffice. If there's anybody out there, who has some GB or TB traffic available and wants to support me, I would be very happy if he would contact me.

(Filesize: ~ 100-200 MB)

Originally posted by von Paulus:

Are those penetration values correct, and not over-evaluated at close ranges (and under estimated as the range goes beyond 200m ...)

I compared with CM concerning the first screenshots smile.gif

Paulus.

PS : I'm too lazy to watch the video ... :D

I have no idea if they are correct, they are very hard to see in the video.

I liked the video, I was impressed by the sounds and graphics smile.gif

Hello fellow Battlefront members.

I have tried to download some previous TOW vidoes but was unable to view them, what would be the problem do i need a certain video software for this. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Originally posted by JoMc67:

Hello fellow Battlefront members.

I have tried to download some previous vidoes but was unable to view them, do i need a certain video software for this. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I'm using Windows Media Player to watch it and it's working just fine for me. smile.gif

Originally posted by Bradley:

We may finally have the ultimate CC replacement. smile.gif

Judging by this video? Rather a better version of Codname Panzers. :(

About a dozen of infantry men, supported by 8 tanks.

Permanent drag-selecting of individual soilders, instead of unit-level-selection like in CC (I guess you don't need squads at all, for those few guys running around).

And the camera is still the same mess like in EYSA, instead of an orbiting camera.

Originally posted by Markus86:

Comparing this game with Codename Panzers is like comparing Combat Mission with Blitzkrieg ...

Comparing comparsions is like... and so on :rolleyes:

The best point of CC was realistic, company level infantry combat. I don't see infantry tactics in ToW yet. The infantry usage in the video looks like Codename Panzers: a small bunch of unassociated guys walking around between the tanks.

Originally posted by sebastian:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Markus86:

Comparing this game with Codename Panzers is like comparing Combat Mission with Blitzkrieg ...

Comparing comparsions is like... and so on :rolleyes:

The best point of CC was realistic, company level infantry combat. I don't see infantry tactics in ToW yet. The infantry usage in the video looks like Codename Panzers: a small bunch of unassociated guys walking around between the tanks. </font>

Some observations having watched it a few times.

Graphics look good.

Tanks look to accelerate way too fast from a standing start, and appear to cover ground very rapidly. Do they have any movement options (move, move fast, move slowly/cautiously)?

All three battles depict open fields/trenches again. Nooo!

UI looks to be well designed and provides useful info, but seems to take up about 1/3 real estate.