New video is coming today

Arkel

Granted, speed is essential, you can't spend 5 mins figuring out where to put one individual soldier.

But uber speed can only get so fast due to limitations: Tanks need cover, Infantry move slowly, the amount of enemy resistance etc.

Even in multiplayer Ground Control speed only took you so far, but it was the tactical maneuvers that win the battle. (needless to say I often find myself reading a book during the lulls in the fighting in GC).

I think it's safe to take the stance that uber speed will not make a great deal of difference in these battles. Simply getting to the enemy in a favorable position is already half the battle. Moving your "toy" soldiers and "tin cans" in a manner so as to efficiently roll over the enemy is the other half of the battle.

And to shorten the timespan between the issuing of commands, you can mod the game to accept voice-activated commands. It'll come around eventually, and it's already widely used for other games like SH3.

In any case, keep your pants on and see what the demo will bring to us. More time for them to work on the game means more satisfied gamers (and more fun for us).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic