Pink Mist?

gunnersman

Ok, I know Im nit picking, but, I love the finer details of this game as far as eye candy goes. Obviously alot of TLC went into this aspect of the game. But I see no pictures of the 'pink mist' after soldiers get shot.

Oversight? Too much work for now?

Just wonderin'. I would love to see it.

Problem: I have a ATI Radeon card but I can not see any fog graphics on my PC with Windows installed.

Cause/Solution: This is a problem with the drivers that ATI makes for Windows based systems. For some reason they have decided to not support "fog table emulation" which is needed to show the fog graphics in CMBB.

never quite understood the "reduce gore" mentality of some of the wargaming crowd. IF you don't want gore make pokemon or mario. People make wargames where people are dying all around but we can't show any blood. Might as well leave out explosions too - that might be too intense for younger players. Other games have toggles. That being said I don't really care, just give us the demo please smile.gif

I think that if the game is to model 'realism' then perhaps showing the next generation what war is and was should be acceptable. I don't relish gore, but it powerfully references causality and consequences.

CC wasn't afraid to show mangled soldiers. Isn't the rating system voluntary?

Originally posted by ajj1912:

I think that if the game is to model 'realism' then perhaps showing the next generation what war is and was should be acceptable.

Theater of War is still a computer game, not a historical documentary. If you want to show the next generation what war is then buy a book or a movie documenary.

Originally posted by slysniper:

I have a better solution to those that need the pink mist, put on a uniform and head to Iraq, if you are unlucky, maybe you will see your own sprayed in your face.

Thats harsh.

You might want to be careful. That could easily be interpreted as wanting someone to be dead.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a better solution to those that need the pink mist, put on a uniform and head to Iraq, if you are unlucky, maybe you will see your own sprayed in your face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats harsh.

You might want to be careful. That could easily be interpreted as wanting someone to be dead.

I think my quote points out clearly the mental level of your request for the pink mist. You want to be entertained by morbid graphics, I give unto you morbid thoughts. It appears to be what you want.

Ok, I know Im nit picking, but, I love the finer details of this game as far as eye candy goes. Obviously alot of TLC went into this aspect of the game. But I see no pictures of the 'brain eating' after dead soldiers have turned into Zombies.

Originally posted by Melnibone:

Ok, I know Im nit picking, but, I love the finer details of this game as far as eye candy goes. Obviously alot of TLC went into this aspect of the game. But I see no pictures of the 'brain eating' after dead soldiers have turned into Zombies.

Where are the Smileys ?? ;)

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> quote:

Thats harsh.

I think my quote points out clearly the mental level of your request for the pink mist. You want to be entertained by morbid graphics, I give unto you morbid thoughts. It appears to be what you want. </font>

No big boy, what I really want is you. I'll be the spotter to your slysniper

I have a email that I can send that has some sniper footage from Afgan, shows more than just pink spray, the question I pose if you want to view it, is the footage real? Also, for a side note, I was a sniper and did have to work in a team with a spotter, so are you sure you still want your request, because I might be able to fulfill that for you. ;)

[ August 25, 2006, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]