New Theatre of War Screenshots

Strategyinformer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strategyinformer,

(salivates all over keyboard, only to be jolted from wargamer's bliss by a pronounced electrical shock)

Megakill,

Please be sure to have BFC carefully go through all the text, for some of it's pretty tortured. For example, where 1C in describing a combat task tells the player to "grasp" a certain position, I would suggest using a word more like "capture," "seize" or "take." Also, something weird is going on with the skirt armor on the Panzer IV/H. The turret skirt looks appropriately thin, but the side plates covering the hull look more like 40mm thick. This may be a visual illusion, but it is a bit jarring visually.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Strategyinformer:

There's 134 new screenshots for the game posted at Strategy Informer: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/theatreofwar/screenshots.html

I guess its all a preliminary thing (just like the maximum ranges and AP values), but the pricing, 200 pts. for a T-34 and 300 pts. for a regular 7,5cm PaK just doesn't feel right...or are the prices time/scenario-dependant?

and I guess Moon will be going over the german names?

some great pics in there.

And a Jagdtiger costs the same as two PAK 40s. Hmmm. I'm guessing the costs are weighted heavily on firepower and less on survivability. It doesn't appear to take the crew ability into account either. On one shot it shows a bunch of 80-pt T-26s and one crew has fewer rank/skill dots with it.

You know, I still haven't seen a late model Tiger E or really any big cat shot that will tell me if the Nahverteidigungsdingsbums is in or not.

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

[QB] There are some decent engagment ranges after all:

Paths of blood marking out the kill zone! I guess the game will include SS occultism after all. Cool.

What a guy. Surrounded by dead people, still firing away.
Sacrifices.

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Well here, Jussi. If you don't like the range on that one, then this pic should suit you just fine. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Very Distant Tank Duel

There, are you happy now?! :mad:

Originally posted by RMC:

Can't tell the range in that shot. Looks like the current target is actually closer at 473M than in the gun shot above.

yeah...looks like...

uh,... twelve meters? fifteen?

wait a minute, methinks there is a general misunderstanding at work here.

I thought - my assumption was that the range given in the data screen is not the current range to a given target, but like the other data it is the fixed technical value/info just like the other entries Rate of Fire, Reload Time and Grouping at 100m.

iow, the max. range.

:confused:

[ August 14, 2006, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: M Hofbauer ]

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

I thought - my assumption was that the range given in the data screen is not the current range to a given target, but like the other data it is the fixed technical value/info just like the other entries Rate of Fire, Reload Time and Grouping at 100m.

iow, the max. range.

:confused:

I think that's right. I think it was the range at which it would start engaging or sumfink.