Some questions ...

Thomm

Checked with the team.

AI works like this (a bit more complicated, than just hiding behind a tree):

1. After being shot soldier tries to reduce the "target area" and kneels or goes prone

2. Soldier tries to understand from what area he is being shot, then identifies vulnerability of his current spot. If the "thinks" that his location is dangerous - he crawls to another nearby spot (could be a fence, trench, house, whatever).

3. Again he tries to understand if this position is risky or not - if still risky - continues to look for a better defensive spot.

Hope this answers the question.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Megakill:

Hope this answers the question.

Not really, but I will stop bothering you now and simply wait for more media to come along!

Thanks for your kind replies!

Best regards,

Thomm </font>

I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but can you repair tanktracks during a battle?

In the screenshots I see tanks with some spare tracklinks on their hull, can you use your crew to remove damaged links (if there are not to many ofcourse) and they put on the new ones? Ofcourse not under fire, but when the fighting has moved on a bit.

EDIT

Just thought of some more questions

Will we see infantry use rifle-grenades?

Will we be able to order tank and guncrew to lay down some tree-branches etc around their guns/tanks in an attempt to hide them, maybe during battle deployment before the battle starts?

[ August 01, 2006, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Arkel ]

Originally posted by Megakill:

No you can't. This is unrealistic.

Repairing track takes a few hours in peacefull conditions according to my knowledge.

ok, if you say so, I have no idea how much time it takes

I also thought of some more questions I already added above, but I will mention again here

Will we see infantry use rifle-grenades?

Will we be able to order tank and guncrew to lay down some tree-branches etc around their guns/tanks in an attempt to hide them, maybe during battle deployment before the battle starts?

Actually my AAR not only shows trenches, but in at least one case will show infantry advancing over more or less open terrain, and - without my input - choose brush and vehicles for cover. The screens will show this pretty well. The AAR is expected to go up at SimHQ in a couple of days or so I think (definitely this week).

Martin

I think there are no rifle grenades. Let me check though. Guys you are hungry - you want mine dogs, rifle grenades, landing planes,etc ... :)

We would need a crew of 200 people working another 5 years to make everything...

how about molotov-cocktails, or the Geballte Ladung, or the ... ;)

[ August 01, 2006, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Arkel ]

I think there are no rifle grenades. Let me check though. Guys you are hungry - you want mine dogs, rifle grenades, landing planes,etc ... :)

We would need a crew of 200 people working another 5 years to make everything...

Heheh... welcome ;)

I'm really looking forward to this game. I had, when I heard about this as WWIIRTS, been impressed by the visuals but not terribly interested in the RTS aspect (at the time equating the RTS playstyle with games like Warcraft, Command and Conquer, etc.).

After reading about it here from the BFC guys and and yourself, I'm excited to see that it's more a real-time wargame and less a warcraft with tanks :D

I don't want to open a new thread. I have a few questions too, which hopefully can be answered smile.gif

1. It was confirmed, that the game features different kind of weather (rain, fog, ...) and daytimes. Will this effect the soldiers efficiency? (visibility, sound,...)

2. Does the game feature close combat?

3. It was stated that the multiplayer supports 4 players. What "gametypes" can be played? (deathmatch, singleplayer missions) Does ToW support coop?

1. will check - not sure actually

2. no hand for now - to hand - combat - only firearms and grenades, otherwise we would spend another year making all animations (you can see soldiers relading guns, taking grenades, etc, etc)

3. no coop for now, just death match up to 4 players

Coop is a very good idea for addon.

The more posts I read from Megakill, the more I like him...you restore my confidence in 1C some, as long as that difference between TOW and FOW stays realy, realy big, I look forward to the future of what has been started here.

Just to confirm, are these the options for infantry to disable a tank: Piat, Bazooka, etc. ; "heavy" grenade ; land mine ; man an anti-tank gun ?

hi all, this is my first post at Battlefront forums.

I've always been a big fan of CM seriess and also Il-2 series from 1C.

Since first screenshots of WW2RTS,/Wartinmw Command/ToW I've known I will have to get the game.

So I want to ask a few questions:

1-when will we have the demo? smile.gif

2-will there be a mission/scenario editor included in the game?

3-when will it be avaliable for preorder? smile.gif

4-will I have to have a monster PC to run it?

I just have an 6800GT card and not that bad other components, smile.gif

Best regards to all folks here and the Dev Team

Maciej

3. At Battlefront we open pre-orders around 4-6 weeks before the game "ships" (i.e. is available as a download). Pre-orders usually mean that you get both the download right away when the game is available AND a mail version a few weeks later with printed manual and backup, and you don't have to pay extra for the latter.

4. I have a Geforce 6600 and the game works very well, and it's still using debug code and is not optimized, so it sound like you might already have all you need depending on what the rest of the hardware is. We want to do extra testing before announcing min. specs publicly, though.

Martin