Some questions ...

Thomm

stone75, TOW does not attempt to simulate command&control and there are no command delays (well, tiny ones - when you give an order to a unit it usually stops for a second or so, but usually not longer), so the player has basically full control over what each of the individual tanks do.

Martin

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Salkin:

Is it possible to set difficulty level without nerfing realism?

What I mean is can we play the missions with more or less enemy forces in them, thus making the missions easier/harder?

//Salkin

I may have missed this, but did Salkin's question ever get answered? Will there be a mechanism by which we can adjust the "difficulty settings" of a scenario to allow for weaker/fewer or stronger/more enemies or "better" troops (given my own often lack of competence)?

Thanks for the response Moon.

I can understand the leaving out of such combat methods in the scale of this games battle area. I do wonder though how it will effect early war scenarios. With the german 37mm being the main medium tank armement of the day and french tanks having reasonably thick frontal armour. I only hope it does not take away the advantage german tankers had with good coms. I thought CM.BB did a good job of recreating this german advantage.

Thanks again....Steve.

Megakill,

He's asking about a difficulty setting that is in addition to the realism levels. He wants maximum realism in the combat, but he wants to be able to change the difficulty of the scenarios by adding/deleting forces, changing force quality, possibly making the AI smarter or dumber etc.

Originally posted by RMC:

Megakill,

He's asking about a difficulty setting that is in addition to the realism levels. He wants maximum realism in the combat, but he wants to be able to change the difficulty of the scenarios by adding/deleting forces, changing force quality, possibly making the AI smarter or dumber etc.

We will ship the game with a lot of modding opportunities and most probably open resources. You guys will be able to modify missions and probably (this is not yet final) specs of vehicles.

Originally posted by Megakill:

We will ship the game with a lot of modding opportunities and most probably open resources. You guys will be able to modify missions and probably (this is not yet final) specs of vehicles.

So instead of a toggle between easy, medium and hard, the user gets to edit the missions himself? Interesting.

I guess it depends on how hard the mission editing is.

Modifying vehicles is a neat touch. Does the point buy system factor that stuff in? Is a Jagdtiger with 1000mm front armor still only worth 600pts?

Originally posted by RMC:

Megakill,

Actually, I meant to ask exactly what Megakill answered. Although I do appreciate (but won't likely use) the otehr methods.