Wall objects

Here's the first set of those industrial models. In the original thread, there was some interest in the walls, so I've done those first. You can get them here.

Here's a little renovation underway on Sea Cliffs:

Walls.jpg

If you use them in a new scenario then of course we'll include them in the next official release so players won't have to download them for your scenario to work.

What would you guys like next after the walls?

These tank barriers as deployables that Nexus made. Would greatly help against Nexus speeding over my lawn.

'What would you guys like next after the walls?' is a dangerous question - there is for example the wishlist. But I guess you mean just models. ;)

I guess this wall above is higher than any vehicle. What about half height walls that would give cover for a Thor Chassis? That would make an extremly strong defensive position.

Oh, I assume these walls are destructable? How many structure points do they have?

Since you probably bought several of those packs from 3DRT, could we have some of the vehicles, too? If they come with a ready made UV map I had some use for them! smile.gif

Clay! You're alive!

Here is my wish list on this:

1) Walls and barriers that can be set up during the initial set-up phase, like mines.

2) Some camo bunkers (please see that topic, its got lots of comments!, well, not really)

3) More building types, bridges, etc..to create more urban maps.

4) More turret types, with maybe some heavier turrets that can only be set up during initial deployment. (Please see Poesel's topic about turrets).

5) Dragon's teeth obstacles (Redcon is working on a prototype).

That would be rather nice. Does anyone know what defines whether an object can be grabbed with a Viper? Deployables can't be grabbed, but vehicles can; this may have to do with the chassis type, like TrackedChassis or AirshipChassis. On a side note IG, do you mind if I use a sig inspired by yours? George Orwell provides a wellspring of good quotes.

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

Here it is, Toby. This is just one way to do it, of course! You might want to ramp up the # of these allowed via Inventory.xml so players can build elaborate defensive networks... Should be fun to try them on the Zoo!

Fabulous! Thank you so much, Clay! I'll have to study the various files and see what I can learn too.

Same problem here with flying teeth. I like type 'Building' better anyway since rocks are indestructable but buildings have structure points.

Question: how resilent would those teeth be? How many shots would you need?

Light mortar does 15, medium and 120mm HE 30 and heavy mortar 60 damage points per hit.

Does 80 strucure points sound reasonable?

Edit: changing to 'Building' didn't solve the flying problem for me. And adding structure points didn't make them destructable. :(

Ideas anyone?

dteeth.png

[ March 14, 2007, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: poesel71 ]

Ok, that fixed the floating. So if someone sends me a rubble model I'll include that too.. ;)

One thing: I changed the mass to 10t but still couldn't push it with a Thor. So I guess you can't push it at all because its a building.

And, um, size: its like three Thors tall. Is that intentional?

Destructible or not: will be included in the Zoo with the next update.

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

Actually, it is waiting for someone to walk underneath it...then..SPLAT!

A Thwomp would officially be the coolest deployable ever...

80 actually does seem good, so that mortars can be used to take them down, but tanks can't just plow em over.

Originally posted by poesel71:

Ok, that fixed the floating. So if someone sends me a rubble model I'll include that too.. ;)

I'll try and come up with something flat-ish and rubble-ish, so it can be driven over.

Originally posted by poesel71:

And, um, size: its like three Thors tall. Is that intentional?

Ah. No. Um. Definitely not. About the height of a Thor would be fine... I'll have a fiddle with the scale at some point - I'm away for much of the next two days so it will be next week before I get that sorted.