getting medieval

lute

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't real thrilled with MTW2, even after the first patch. It's still quite broke, IMO.

However, I'd like to recommend the Europa Barbarorum mod for RTW. These guys have done an amazing amount of research and created an entirely new game -- much more accurate, thoughtful and interesting.

Whoops, wrong cut and paste. Regardless, someone else posted an link to EB.

[ January 05, 2007, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: sage2 ]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Pacific Storm yet.

I have the Australian version and the patch is not compatable with our version yet so I have uninstalled it.

Just wondering if anyone has the CDV version, and if it is any good after the v1.3 patch.

It does seem to be a bit tedious with the spread sheets like game play in parts. But I think the concept is quiet good.

Cheers MarkL

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing EB for the last few weeks - thanks for the Link! If you've played RTW you will find EB facinating. Well, I do anyway. It is more complex as far ast Strategy goes and that makes it more interesting. RTW is long enough that once you get thru one campaign you feel you've at least mastered the basics... and it starts to loose some of it's polish. The complexity of EB (more units more buildings and a more relistic Military Industrial complex) makes you have to think about the future. Some things remain mysterious. For free and the trouble of downloading it's worth playing.

Originally posted by markl:

Has anyone tried Pacific Storm yet.

I have the Australian version and the patch is not compatable with our version yet so I have uninstalled it.

Just wondering if anyone has the CDV version, and if it is any good after the v1.3 patch.

It does seem to be a bit tedious with the spread sheets like game play in parts. But I think the concept is quiet good.

Cheers MarkL

I was also frustrated with Pacific Storm when it first came out.

I have the CDV version and the key to getting the v1.3 patch to work is to first install the latest DirectX update from Microsoft (There is a Feb. 2007 update). After that, the patch installed fine and I had no crashes.

I am a big fan of Grigsby's War in the Pacific, so the management aspect of Pacific Storm was a little easier to grasp because there are some similarities.

Overall, I like Pacific Storm because of the ability to take place in the 3D tactical battles that are the result of your strategic decisions.