Time Scale

For OPSEC reasons, the exact timing of the invasion cannot be released at this time.

Rest assured though, independent of the date, designers can control both the temperature (cool, hot, very hot) and humidity/ground conditions (damp, dry, very dry). So any season could be modeled. This also helps for modeling terrain in the arid central plateau vs the humid coastal areas.

There are more temp/moisture settings, I just can't think of them all at the moment.

"Can you edit the month names to january to march for example. "

Well, you can of course 'make-believe' its any month/year or location you want. Except it might be hard to do a mid-winter Chechnia campaign because you simply couldn't get appropriate weather/clothing. I expect more than a few Red-on-Red 3rd party scenarios will start "Its Sarajevo, May 1992" and will simply disregard the editor's date.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

"Can you edit the month names to january to march for example. "

Well, you can of course 'make-believe' its any month/year or location you want. Except it might be hard to do a mid-winter Chechnia campaign because you simply couldn't get appropriate weather/clothing. I expect more than a few Red-on-Red 3rd party scenarios will start "Its Sarajevo, May 1992" and will simply disregard the editor's date.

I was also thinking of the date being set back for the ww2 western game to july 1943 so that it could be modded to play Italian front games. I think it would be easy to mod the ww2 game to look more like italy. Just the date would stick out a bit. Also having the date moved to 1946, what if scenarios could be created. Its all cosmetic really, it would just mean reallying less on imagination.

"...set back for the ww2 western game to july 1943"

Wow, a 1943 game where the wimpiest tank in the arsenal has a 100mm gun, and 100mm of bow armor! I rather suspect the timeframe on this particular game can only be pushed so far back and no further. Or would that be 'no farther'? I get those two words mixed up.

Of course THEY can push the game engine as far back as they want for new titles. Or forward. Laser cannon wars in the year 2099!

[ June 27, 2007, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]