Is this really fair?

Knaust

I'm an old member (see my member #!).

I downloaded the demo, tried it and it ran smoothly in both scenarios.

Now...What is the goal the demo is released for?

I think...the company says: Hey man, try the demo and if it is OK, then buy the game and it will be OK.

This is exactly what I did!

Alas...the game cannot run the small Abu Susah scenario in the same way the demo ran both scenarios.

Now I say again (sort of understatement):

IS THIS REALLY FAIR?

I have a high postcount (see my postcount #).

My rig is four years old and ran the small Abu Susah scenario really well.

And you're (sort of understatement) throwing a tantrum from out of nowhere.

IS THAT REALLY FAIR?

Have you tried the tech support forum, giving them your specs, and a detailed description of your problems?

I am an old forum member.

OK, well not as old as Seanachi or Emerys, but old enough.

I bought the pre-order special edition version before the demo was out. The goal was to get a handy mousepad with the keyboard / shortcut commands on it. Alas, the keyboard commands / shortcuts do not match up with what is in the game.

Fairness is an illusion.

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

I am an old forum member.

OK, well not as old as Seanachi or Emerys, but old enough.

I bought the pre-order special edition version before the demo was out. The goal was to get a handy mousepad with the keyboard / shortcut commands on it. Alas, the keyboard commands / shortcuts do not match up with what is in the game.

Fairness is an illusion.

I don't pretend all that...I PRETEND that the game runs as the demo :cool:

You're sure taking a beating there, Knaust. I read through your tech post. You seem to have your mind made up that it's the full game that's a problem and not your settings. Let me try to persuade you to:

1. check your monitor settings and refresh rate

2. Check your memory allocation files. You may want to increase the minimum memory usage to the max.

3. This is a great link to understanding your PC http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_2.html

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

You're sure taking a beating there, Knaust. I read through your tech post. You seem to have your mind made up that it's the full game that's a problem and not your settings. Let me try to persuade you to:

1. check your monitor settings and refresh rate

2. Check your memory allocation files. You may want to increase the minimum memory usage to the max.

3. This is a great link to understanding your PC http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_2.html

thanks for the tip, Mark...I will try it...but still I remain in my opinion...the demo worked...the game doesn't with a similar scenario...same pc, same settings...

please take note that I question about same scenarios...Training DEMO and first game scenario

Knaust,

The code for v1.03 actually improves the performance, but yes... when the demo version matches a release version the EXACT SAME CODE is in place, except some game features are nuked. It has no impact on the gameplay.

I'll go look at your post now, but seeing as you are the ONLY person to claim that the game plays worse than the demo, I think I already know where to start looking for problems. And it isn't the code :D

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Knaust,

The code for v1.03 actually improves the performance, but yes... when the demo version matches a release version the EXACT SAME CODE is in place, except some game features are nuked. It has no impact on the gameplay.

I'll go look at your post now, but seeing as you are the ONLY person to claim that the game plays worse than the demo, I think I already know where to start looking for problems. And it isn't the code :D

Steve

thanks Steve for the polite reply...you are the OLD Steve ;)

I still remember that in the old times, when I claimed my copy of CMBO was missing, you arranged it immediately.

No problem if the game will not work...I appreciate your politeness very much :cool:

Btw...is it possible to downgrade version1.02 to version1.01?...I tried to delete version1.02.brz file...but it doesn't work :eek:

Knaust, try setting your in game settings to balanced for texture detail and see if you get similar frame rates to what you previously experienced. The more detailed terrain does slow down frame rate slightly, so if you are ona higher setting you may notice this, but on balanced you should be using the same terrain textures method as in previously versions of CMSF.

Dan

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Knaust, try setting your in game settings to balanced for texture detail and see if you get similar frame rates to what you previously experienced. The more detailed terrain does slow down frame rate slightly, so if you are ona higher setting you may notice this, but on balanced you should be using the same terrain textures method as in previously versions of CMSF.

Dan

Hi Dan...

the game doesn't work definitely even with the worst quality settings...no problem...

I think that the problem is in v1.02...unfortunately I have no v1.01 exe file...I tried to delete the Version 102.brz file, but it doesnt aid...

unforunately the downloadable version is v1.02...crap...if I only had the v1.01 exe file and necessary dll's

I noticed that Version 102.brz are of different size in the demo and in the game...

My order number is 156566

my e-mail robin1940@alice.it

Originally posted by Knaust:

I noticed that Version 102.brz are of different size in the demo and in the game...

Thats just becuase not all vehicle textures are needed for the demo, so we removed them to save download. That wont affect frame rate in any way.

I just did a check and FPS for me is the same in the origional demo, the current demo and 1.03, providing I used balanced settings in all. Im guessing youve tried all of the various settings under the options menu so at this point Im not sure why you are seeing a significant reduction when most people have seen a slight increase if anything.

Does the game look fine in smaller scenarios out of interest?

[ September 05, 2007, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Knaust:

Thats just becuase not all vehicle textures are needed for the demo, so we removed them to save download. That wont affect frame rate in any way.

I just did a check and FPS for me is the same in the origional demo, the current demo and 1.03, providing I used balanced settings in all. Im guessing youve tried all of the various settings under the options menu so at this point Im not sure why you are seeing a significant reduction when most people have seen a slight increase if anything.

Does the game look fine in smaller scenarios out of interest? </font>