Little suggestions

This a list of game play suggestion that I think can greatly made this very good game better:

_Add the possibility to use Cover Arc target command off-map.....because for now it is impossible to correctly cover map's corners.

_Why crawling is so so so tiring....I know crawling is difficult with a javelin on your back....but come on....not so tiring...(I am a old CC player (Close combat)....and it's very frustrating for me to not be allow to use this movement for more than 5 meters....

_Add a real time Objective Report...because for now I never, or rarely know if my objective are achieved or not...sometimes it's written but I don't pay attention...

_Add CBU's to aircraft ordinance...this is a very powerful why to CAS enemy on open area and wildly used by Israel and USA.

_Add surrender possibility for each unit present on the map (like in close combat).....this is much more realistic. And replace surrender option by retreat option.....so player who did it must reply to map corners....to save maximum units...

_And last and the more critical thing:

When enemy must defend a position for 5000points....

The attacker must capture it.

The attacker wins by surrender but do not capture the objective...

So why ohh my god why....enemy got 5000points?????!!!!!!

(like title says there are only suggestions....any game is perfect for everybody, but maybe some of the suggestion can be profitable for several people and make the game more enjoyable to everyone)

Feel free to comment.

And thx Battlefront for this great game.

Originally posted by bonicideur:

_Why crawling is so so so tiring....I know crawling is difficult with a javelin on your back....but come on....not so tiring...(I am a old CC player (Close combat)....and it's very frustrating for me to not be allow to use this movement for more than 5 meters....

I've crawled during paint ball matches with no equipment but my weapon....and it wore me out ...though I probably went further than 5 meters...but after about a hundred feet I was ready for some oxygen and a nap.

Mord.

I use very often the "hunt" order...but this movement lacks of concealment....

Another problem about this movement is when soldiers are under fire by an invisible enemy....they continue to walk and to die...

When Player react with an order the soldiers must regroup before executing this order....this regrouping time is often/always lethal to some of them....

"and it's very frustrating for me to not be allow to use this movement for more than 5 meters..."

With a combat gear it is frustrating to move that way 5 meters. So its kind of realistic. Belive me.

[ August 28, 2007, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Andro ]

The furthest I have ever had to crawl with any sort of speed in battle rattle was 300 meters. I was freakin exhausted by the end of it.

Note, that that was without ammo load, combat pack, and body armor.

I think it is great as is.

ETA: It was 300, not 100 my bad!

[ August 28, 2007, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Normal Dude ]

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

The furthest I have ever had to crawl with any sort of speed in battle rattle was 100 meters. I was freakin exhausted by the end of it.

Note, that that was without ammo load, combat pack, and body armor.

I think it is great as is.

:eek: I agree...I was maybe a bit wrong....

by the way the CBU can't really be said to have been used "wildly" by the US we only dropped 2 on 1 forward column of Iraqi during OIF. The rest immediatly surrendered after having seen what just happened to their buddies.

as far as a game effect it certainly would look good, but I think it is a little outside the scale BFC is wanting to support.

bonicideur,

I hope you don't mind but I'd like to hijack this thread as a general CM:SF improvement suggestions thread. Here are some of my own.

1. Flavour objects can go on different levels of a building. If the floor they are on is destroyed, the are removed from the map.

2. Add TV/Satellite antenna to the list of available flavour objects (ties in with my first suggestion to allow map makers to create more modern looking skylines). You could have water tanks, billboards and signs too.

3. Allow rooftops to be "locked" in the editor, to make them inaccessible other than by using the "blast" command. Even better, make this apparent to the user by using a flavour object on the roof to indicate accessibility (see pic below).

43_concertina_flatroof.jpg

4. Coupled with 3 above, don't remove the whole wall or roof for the "blast" command but instead make a door or hatch sized hole. At the moment too much wall/roof is affected.

5. Make building materials of different strengths (are they already?) and indicate to the user the toughness of the material, like in CMx1.

Anyway, that's my shopping list done for patch 1.10 6 months hence. Now where's that 1.03 patch! ;)

Originally posted by SlowMotion:

"Allow rooftops to be "locked" in the editor, to make them inaccessible other than by using the "blast" command."

Would they be locked for both teams?

Sorry, I obviously didn't make myself clear. By "locked" I mean, there is physically no access to the roof from the floor below - so yeah, it would be for both teams. That doesn't stop you putting a taller building next to it with a door leading onto the roof though.

I'd love to be able to do the same for stairwells - i.e. have movement between floors "on" for some building tiles and "off" for others - but I don't know how to show it graphically. Maybe the two could be combined in some way. For instance, you could have one sort of roof flavour object to indicate that every floor below has stairs but that the roof is not accessible, and another to indicate that there are stairs plus access to the roof. For instance, "stairs" might just be respresented by a small solid box on the roof whilst "stairs plus roof access" might be represented by a closed hatch similar to the one in the pic above.

[ August 29, 2007, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]

Looks like a good idea.

Some things to note:

The roofs over there usually have a normal sized door. It is either at the bottom of the stairway which leads to up to the roof, or it is at the top.

Alot of families use the roof like a backyard. They cook on it, hang laundry, etc..

Not knocking the pic, I know it is just used as an example.

I wanted to share some info on the roofs I've seen.

Re Satelite dishes.

When we first got to Baghdad in 2003 there were no dishes on the roof tops. By that winter almost every roof had 2-3.

I guess that's freedom.