Is anyone having problem with the "Face" command in buildings ?

Hello.

I'm experiencing a little problem with the Face command in buildings. When I was giving this order before 1.07, my guys where running in position, and stay there normally.

Since 1.07, the soldiers are running in position, but they never stop to run, changing positions at every second. And the blue line never dissapear.

The problem is similar with the "arc fire" command.

It's boring because in We-Go they are quikly tired, and not really stealthy !

I didn't find anything about that on the forum. Did I miss something ? Or did you experiment the problem too ?

(Sorry for the english)

I've seen this but thought of it more as a 'feature' than a 'bug'. The AI's not finding a reason to set them in place. If they went to a window and there was a target to shoot at things would be settled. Consider the alternative. They enter a building, assume their positions, and you're yelling at them "No, to the OTHER window fool!"

Haven't seen them get tired though. Maybe if I 'ran' them into the building and they kept fidgeting?

I saw this happen to one of my opponent's soldiers in a PBEM game last night - the sole survivor of a squad was running diagonally back and forth in the ground floor of a building while my squad shot at him from an adjacent building.

He finally stopped this when he managed to run into one of the bullets my soldiers were spraying in his general direction, so I'm not sure how tired he was.

Originally posted by Zatoichi:

I saw this happen to one of my opponent's soldiers in a PBEM game last night - the sole survivor of a squad was running diagonally back and forth in the ground floor of a building while my squad shot at him from an adjacent building.

He finally stopped this when he managed to run into one of the bullets my soldiers were spraying in his general direction, so I'm not sure how tired he was.

I saw exactly the same in a WeGo game last night - single enemey guy was doing a marathon around his building until one of my boys slowed him down.

Just tested WEGO three 6 man blue squads. Sent 2 sqds into larger size building. Both took up their position facing as ordered (toward enemy setup side) Next turn gave reverse facing order with normal movement no difficulty or running about trooper all in place stationary at end of turn. Watched 2 more turns without any movement activity (units were in spotting mode). The third 6 man sqd was sent to the smallest building available in the game. They set up on first turn, went to spotting mode and remained stationary. On 2nd turn I did a reverse facing order and got the unit moving from window to window in the manner described by poster and others. The unit continued to move for 2 more turn...no tiring noted.

I'm not certain what any of this means except to ask if size of building triggers this graphic activity.

I'm currently doing some tests, because the first time I saw that, I was in battle and my first impression may be false.

The soldiers have apparently been tired by another thing. I made a rush of two groups in a building, one with the "face" command, the other without.

In my test they are resting normally, at the same rate. So this point is not an issue. Sorry for my mistake.

In fact with the face command, the soldiers are dancing from window to window from 30 sec to 4 minutes , and then the blue line disappear and they are normally standing in position (before 1.07, they where standing immediately).

Same thing with the "target arc" command. Some times they are stopping immediately in position, and some other time they are dancing for ages (5 minutes in one of my test).

It may be to simulate the soldiers searching a good firing position, or trying to look regularly from different windows. But it "look" strange.

Not a big problem in fact, but the difference between 1.06 and 1.07 made me curious.