Website When?

I was excited when I saw the announcement and the forum, but after a month beyond the date they said they would release screenshots, I became apathetic. Who knows how long it's been since they clearly said we could actually expect something. It is frankly quite irresonsible as a business to suggest anything of the kind without providing any explanation beyond of "it will arrive when it arrives...tough luck, LOL suckers :D ".

"It", moreover, being nothing more than the website, screenshots and update, and not even the final product.

Originally posted by Preserved Killick:

I was excited when I saw the announcement and the forum, but after a month beyond the date they said they would release screenshots, I became apathetic. Who knows how long it's been since they clearly said we could actually expect something. It is frankly quite irresonsible as a business to suggest anything of the kind without providing any explanation beyond of "it will arrive when it arrives...tough luck, LOL suckers :D ".

Huh? :confused: Are you on drugs? Steve has explained why there's no screenshots at this stage.

Originally posted by Sergei:

Huh? :confused: Are you on drugs? Steve has explained why there's no screenshots at this stage.

Sergei,

I can't help but agree with Preserved Killick, despite what Steve has said subsequently. If you raise people's hopes and then fail to come up with the goods on time, people are bound to feel let down, as many of them will have spent hours checking the forum for the "supposedly" imminent announcement of the website being up and running.

To my mind, considering the lack of visible content currently available for CM:SF, this forum shouldn't have even been started, as at the present time there is literally nothing tangible to discuss.

Seems to me this is exactly WHY they try not to raise hopes ("it will arrive when it arrives"). Look what happens when a "hope" falls through the crack. They get accused of irresponsible behaviour. Deceitful conduct and worse.

I was hoping to see the website as well, but Steve has explained things. I am also happily equipped with patience. (Wish I could SELL this stuff . . .)

Come on, give 'em some space and some respect. I'm assuming you've all been playing the hell out of their past products and having a grand old time. Is this the way to treat 'em after the "goods" they've delivered?

*wags finger*

Gpig

(And if they still didn't have at least this forum dedicated to CMSF, my guess is you'd be wondering why the hell not. Correct?)

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

Emrys, you been enjoying this weather we've had lately? How's it been up where you are?

Gorgeous. Today I went out with my camera and got some pics of the Cascades. It was beautifully clear to the eye, when I get some time, I'll have to see what my camera thought about it. It doesn't always see things the way I do. That old saw about "the camera does not lie" is horse****.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

...when I get some time, I'll have to see what my camera thought about it. It doesn't always see things the way I do. That old saw about "the camera does not lie" is horse****.

Michael

Is this the same camera that you'll be using for the "after photos" of your newly cleaned-up apartment? *waiting*

I agree with what Gpig said .

Guys go outside, drink a few beers, play some CM or watch a few pixar movies.

Do something other then hassle Steve. They have a small and very dedicated crew. I promise you guys that they are working their butts off.

I'm off to buy another game while waiting.

//Salkin

I found Stgeve's post in under 30 seconds.

Still nothing new graphically. Some great animations, but they make for uninteresting screenshots. You know, like a mortar team loading an invisible round into an invisible mortar, or a Javelin team firing an invisible missile at an invisible tank.x There is also the "block tank" that has opening hatches and what not, but really is a big 3D rectangle with a 3D square on top with a pipe for a gun. Great stuff, but not exactly graphically ready for prime time ;)

Steve

Also, I can say the editor is almost complete. We are emailing internally and will post screenshots when we have something to post.

Rune