CM SF for low price in USA Illinois?

I've enjoyed all 3 versions of CM in the past. However with only 512 ram CM SF doesn't run smoothly. This has influenced my enjoyment of the game needless to say.

Today I couldn't believe it but CM SF is for sale in my fav computer store for just $20. I think for Christmas I'm getting a gift of 1 or 2 gig of ram. The rest of my system specs are up to par.

Now I'm in a quandry. Do I go ahead and get the game not knowing for sure I will like the new game aspects or do I wait until I get the gigs and run the demo.

Oh well. My call. Dumb question. Although I have to admit that some of the negative talk here has me questioning the game. Anyway, the price of just $20 at Electronic Boutique was a surprise.

Even with the game's bugs, I think it's well worth it. Every game on the market has bugs. Every single one. You have to ask yourself if the game's foundation is worth putting up with the bugs or not. If it's the kind of game that you could have fun with dispite a few small inconveniences. I'd say yes.

Bugs and all, I think CMSF is one of the most fun games I've ever played. I enjoyed the original CM's, but I always wanted a modern version.

So if you like the idea of a CM game in modern times, then you'll probably enjoy the game despite it's bugs.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

Allistar Crowley

But here's what I think: Wait...Get the Rig Running and buy the game. Screw the demo... $20 Bucks is The "Hell I'll chance it" magic number for me If a game cost more than that....I pause to think...long and hard. And generally wait til it's $20.... smile.gif

Thanks fellas for your time and responses. I've been told the extra gig or two of ram is a given. Another reward from my daughter and son-in-law for the free babysitting of my amazing grandson! smile.gif

I'm going to go ahead and grab the game. It will be a worthy purchase for $20 I'm sure. Despite any difficulties that might be involved in relearning the game.

To the Fighting Seabee poster: Your post intrigued me. Are you a veteran of the Seabees?

I just got home awhile ago from the nursing home. My 90 year old step father-in-law has been there for about 3 weeks and sadly may never be able to return home. He was a fighting Seabee in WWII in the Philipines.

Thanks fellas for making me smile. I live about 20 minutes from the St. Louis Cardinal stadium on the Illinois side. Indeed...flat land, beautiful farming areas, etc. But the scenery along the Mississippi river road is fantastic.

Fighting Seabee: I'm going to try to copy your reply and enlarge it and let Frank read it himself. It will be a blessing to him. Thank you for your service!

Take care fellas...

skunkle3 ..I'm about 30 miles east of downtown St. Louis, straight out highway 50, so we must be pretty close. I'm retired also.

KG_Jag ...I was born and raised in E. St. Louis ..we moved up the hill to Belleville when I was 13 yrs. old (1963). It wasn't a bad town then but by the 60's it was rapidly changing. Your absolutely right now ..stay out of there.

Regards,

Gunz

By thy rivers gently flowing, Illinois, Illinois,

O'er thy prairies verdant growing, Illinois, Illinois,

Comes an echo on the breeze.

Rustling through the leafy trees, and its mellow tones are these, Illinois, Illinois,

And its mellow tones are these, Illinois.

From a wilderness of prairies, Illinois, Illinois,

Straight thy way and never varies, Illinois, Illinois,

Till upon the inland sea,

Stands thy great commerical tree, turning all the world to thee, Illinois, Illinois,

Turning all the world to thee, Illinois.

When you heard your country calling, Illinois, Illinois,

Where the shot and shell were falling, Illinois, Illinois,

When the Southern host withdrew,

Pitting Gray against the Blue, There were none more brave than you, Illinois, Illinois,

There were none more brave than you, Illinois.

Not without thy wondrous story, Illinois, Illinois,

Can be writ the nation's glory, Illinois, Illinois,

On the record of thy years,

Abraham Lincoln's name appears, Grant and Logan, and our tears, Illinois, Illinois,

Grant and Logan, and our tears, Illinois.

Thanks again fellas for the variety of input. smile.gif

And to think the PC store that I'm referring to doesn't even have the game in the bargain bin. It is the original set price. At any rate I dl the demo again and it played well last night. Maybe a few things I removed in the past improved my meager 512 ram. I just wish the scenario that I played (and won) was so dark. Tough on the eyes. Of course maybe winning chances would be reduced in the daylight.

East St. Louis. Mercy. Many years ago some of us helped a sweet widow lady at our church move out of ESL to her daughter's house in Troy, IL.

Kate Patch said she would never move. Her memories of the earlier ESL were fantastic. But when she was mugged in her home and knocked in the head she changed her mind. Quickly.

God bless you guys.

Originally posted by GunzAbeam:

skunkle3 ..I'm about 30 miles east of downtown St. Louis, straight out highway 50, so we must be pretty close. I'm retired also.

KG_Jag ...I was born and raised in E. St. Louis ..we moved up the hill to Belleville when I was 13 yrs. old (1963). It wasn't a bad town then but by the 60's it was rapidly changing. Your absolutely right now ..stay out of there.

Regards,

Gunz

I know--I was born in St. Louis. East St. Louis was the hot after hours party spot when my parents were dating at the beginning of the 1950's. However, about 10 years ago even the feds were moving their offices out of ESL because of the danger to employees.

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks again fellas for all your input about CMSF. And it was great chatting about my step Father in Law and other matters.

I finally went ahead and bought the $20 Paradox version at the PC store I mentioned in my first post.

In a word: Fantastic!! With my ram now over 1 gig everything is smooth sailing. Looks great. Just installed the 1.05 patch yesterday.

I'll be playing this game a good deal. I miss the WWII atmosphere etc but for me CMSF is just fine.

Thanks again.

Now...where are those mods...