Hey Steve

Mord

Any chance you guys could give us open BMP slots on helmets and unis for the WWII game? You know like, USHelmet 1 or GermanUni 1, which would then allow us to add a 2, 3, and 4 if we wanted? Like how the SyrianCombatants and SyrianFighters are now.

Pleeeeease...pretty please...be your best friend!

Mord.

Try bribing him with wine or camo uniforms.

Actually it'd be cool to have a German squad with some guys in the Stahlhelm and others in the Feldmitze. Is that what you mean?

Thinking some more, you'd actually need interchangeable head types for different hats since the 3-d model would be different.

[ February 15, 2008, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Sequoia ]

Originally posted by Sequoia:

Try bribing him with wine or camo uniforms.

Actually it'd be cool to have a German squad with some guys in the Stahlhelm and others in the Feldmitze. Is that what you mean?

Yeah...like one uniform could be half camo and half grau...another could be full camo...some could be dirtied up. The slots would allow for lots of extra mix and matched types.

Originally posted by Sequoia:

Thinking some more, you'd actually need interchangeable head types for different hats since the 3-d model would be different.

Actually, I just meant helmets...though some hat types would be cool, especially when they get to Russia. For helmets they could do a German Helmet 1 for the game and leave slots open so we could have camoed, chicken wired, so on and so forth.

From what I can tell any BMP that has an number extension at the end of the file name can have new BMPs added by placing an additional number at the end, without over writing an existing texture. For Example, Syriancombatant 1-6 can be extended to 7, 8, 9 and so on giving new uniforms to what the game already has...

Here's an in game test, I marked one of the syriancombatants BMPS several times and renamed the files.

testay8.jpg

Mord.

Originally posted by missinginreality:

Mord nice find mate.And nice mods

Thanks. LOL and thanks for being kind but those were just marks I made so I could see if my hunch would work. Actually you and MikeyD gave me the idea (buildings and faces) to check the uniforms. Unfortunately only syrian combatants and fighters can have extra textures like this. Syrian and US soldiers and their respective helmets can only have one texture.

I really hope BFC will allow us to expand the US and German unis and helmets in the WWII game.

Mord.

Originally posted by waffelmann:

Hello,

that's so not correct!

I tried different textures for syrian (reserve) soldiers (different uniforms and different helmets) and it works!

Greetings, Alex

You had syrian reserve soldiers wearing different uniforms and helmets without overwriting the originals?

Mord.

Originally posted by Other Means:

I guess the thing to do is start loading up different mods and seeing what the FPS hit is like. Guess it'll be very machine dependent.

That's part of the beauty. Each player could decide for themselves how many extra unis/helmets they'd want to add. All BFC has to do is allow us to have the slots. Comps are gonna keep getting more powerful as CMX2 grows so why not let us add textures as we see fit?

Mord.

I don't have the exact filename in mind at the moment (I am at work), but if you want to keep the original ones, too, you have simply to rename the file.

Original:

syrian-reserve-uniform.bmp

to:

syrian-reserve-uniform 1.bmp (old one)

syrian-reserve-uniform 2.bmp (new one)

syrian-reserve-uniform 3.bmp (new one)

So you have 3 different uniforms including the original.

Helmets are the same.

I made this one for personal testing, but (as mentioned in another thread) at the moment the crews of my american vehicles are wearing 2 different vests (original camouflage and a green one (from a spetnatz-mod)).

I would post screenshots, but I don't have webspace and I am still at work ;)

Grretings, Alex!

Huh. See I tried adding a number to the US unis to see what would happen and ended up overwriting the original texture. Maybe I needed to first name the original texture with a 1 and then add additional numbers in order? Uniform 1, Uniform 2, Uniform 3? I'd left the original file as it was named and just added numbers to the extra textures I wanted to test.

If this all works as you say...being able to add numbers to textures that don't already have a number ending them, why couldn't it be applied to vehicles as well? That would really be amazing!

Mord.

[ February 19, 2008, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Mord ]

Yep, like you said! You have to give the original uniform a number, too (I thought I descriped this above, but I am a bad explainer ;) )

Would have been better if there are more different uniform/troops...one for militia, one for regular infantry, one for mechanized infantry, instead of one for all...(especially for red vs red-scenarios).

One time I tried the number trick for vehicles, but this didn't work...maybe I made a mistake, who knows!!!

Alex

Originally posted by z1812:

How would the different sets be distributed. Is it random through the game or distributed by a standard number?

regards John

Hi John. As far as I could tell, with what I did, it was random. I didn't screw around with it real long though.

Mord.