Old School waiting for CM

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

See I write "old school" in the title and all the lurkers wake up. I am the pied piper of old foggies! Now I say "new school" and you guys can return to lurking! Dont want you guys to waste what little vision you have left.

:D

its like the 'Thriller' video - we're all shambling towards the CMSF release date, bits falling off us. When the sun comes up we all go back into lurk mode.............................

(in spooky Vincent Price voice) "and wait."

:eek:

Originally posted by JAK:

Hmmm, just checking to see what member number i am, its been awhile....

Ditto! smile.gif Heh! I really miss the feeling I got from reading that Alpha after-action report. Even though I suspect CM:SF will be a vastly superior product, I don't think I'll ever come close to that Wow! feeling I got the first time I played the CM:BO demo. Man, those where the days! ;)

Personally I miss the black background and light blue forums....

Guys, I am STILL lobbying the powers that be to get a "Chance Encounter" remake for CM:SF when it comes out...

We could have an old-timer CMSF tournament, playing nothing but "Last Defense" and "Chance Encounter" scenario remakes..

Man I remember the first time I played CE and I was moving those StugIIIg down that road and whap out of nowhere suddenly a clink and my tank was roasty-toasty and a little guy in black pajamas fell on the ground and ninja crawled away.

Almost on the same level as jumping out of a C-130. Ok not really but was still very cool!

Yes, me too. I check back every now and again to see when pre-orders for CMSF will be taken.

Also good to see the Peng Challange thread still alive and kicking. Anyone know if there is an index that lists all the threads in order? Not that I would read them all...not enough time left in my life for that.

Oh well...I'll check back next month and see if they're any closer to taking pre-orders.

Originally posted by Hawk:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JAK:

Hmmm, just checking to see what member number i am, its been awhile....

Ditto! smile.gif Heh! I really miss the feeling I got from reading that Alpha after-action report. Even though I suspect CM:SF will be a vastly superior product, I don't think I'll ever come close to that Wow! feeling I got the first time I played the CM:BO demo. Man, those where the days! ;) </font>

Welllll, since lots of us old foges have been watching and NOT posting, thought I'd put my two cents in after about 3 years. I wonder if we'll be able to have a Combat Mission Meta Campaign (CMMC) with CM:SF?? HMMMM? General "Blunderbuss" signing in here from that CMMC foray... and boy what a time CMMC was!

Foo, you can have the StugIII and I will take the Abrams. smile.gif

Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Personally I miss the black background and light blue forums....

Guys, I am STILL lobbying the powers that be to get a "Chance Encounter" remake for CM:SF when it comes out...

We could have an old-timer CMSF tournament, playing nothing but "Last Defense" and "Chance Encounter" scenario remakes..