Armor over run attacks.

Copper

LH,

You have warned me several times? *confused*
About the use of foul language. Now that you understand, we're all set there. Personally, I use worse language than this on a regular basis, but there is a standard here and there should not be exceptions to it.

That is generally frowned upon, but apparently not by you.
No, making stuff up and passing it off as fact is absolutely frowned upon. Interpreting the relevance and meaning of facts is normal. The problem here is that you see something that pretty much nobody else here sees. You see Jason as making stuff up, the rest of us see it as an opinion. Like I pointed out to URC... if your standards are THAT rigerous for deliniating between the two things then we're all in trouble. The standard you are applying toward Jason is unreasonably high.

BTW, I am not a big fan of the way JasonC posts. In fact, I have had some pretty harsh things to say about his posting style in debates from the past. But I still don't see a single thing wrong with what he said or how he said it in regards to the one post you've singled out.

Steve

[ September 21, 2005, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

BTW, I am not a big fan of the way JasonC posts. In fact, I have had some pretty harsh things to say about his posting style in debates from the past. But I still don't see a single thing wrong with what he said or how he said it in regards to the one post you've singled out.

Steve

These effects are sometimes cumulative; I can understand LH's frustration. In the end, one can either dwell on it, or move on and ignore it best as one can.

Dorosh is probably right about what set you off, and he is definitely right about what to do about it. As I said, I am no fan of JasonC's posting style, but I still don't see any problem with the quote that is being dwelled upon. Especially since his argument against Sajer isn't really bolstered or weakened by it. The totality of the argument that The Forgotten Soldier is a work of fiction is quite strong and therefore doesn't hinge on how to take that GD officer's quote (which actually doesn't say much of anything).

Steve

Somewhat on topic:

If we are getting crews that can abandon and then reoccupy their guns (which Im not sure Ive read about or not, I guess I have just assumed it will be so) then I would definitively like to see a possibility to destroy those guns by running them over with a tank.

That is all.

Hi Steve!

I hope CMx2 will permit things like this:

flytan.jpg

This can be very useful to avoid minefields or to hit enemy tanks out of LOS... (for this purpose we need obviously of a new order 'Flying Shoot & Scout': how can we live without it? :D ).

EDIT: the photo is authentic...

TIA

FredKors,

Cool! That way if your tank is too light to ram the enemy tank succesfully, you could have your tank land on top of it. "Just try to shoot me now, you oversized badguy tank!" :D Maybe even have Stuart tanks leap down from the trees onto King Tigers like Merry Men onto the Sherrif of Notingham's hapless, tin clad, horse borne, good guy fodder.

DavidI

"...no need for filthy capitalist filling"

Hey dude, that bad boy's running on filthy capitalist running gear! Look at that suspension, compare to T34, Crusader, and Cromwell, then thank Mr. Walter Christie for his excellent prewar suspension design (Which the U.S. turned down in favor of Sherman volute springs! Yikes!). :eek: ;)

Also, I think those soldiers are Russian in typical tanker overallls. Almost fooled me too.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Anybody know what kind of tank that is? Those look an awful lot like American soldiers watching the demonstration.

Michael

I've always seen it captioned as one of the first BTs based on the Christie tank. Maybe that is a U.S. delegation/sales group?

-dale

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Anybody know what kind of tank that is? Those look an awful lot like American soldiers watching the demonstration.

Michael

Looks a lot like the BT-2 featured in CMBB. The soldiers, their overalls could be from any army - but to me, their helmets seem to shine like made of steel..? (For AFV crews, they should be padded leather, no?)

The buildings, however, look very much like those in Ukraine, though.

It has a Christie suspension, which as we know was not utilized in America before the war. It was designed to drive on tracks and wheels, as can be evidenced by the forward drive wheel in the picture. Also, the officers in the background seem to be wearing some kind of sash, which would make them Russian (I think).

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The turret is vaguely Stuart-ish. Is it an M1 Combat Car or somefink?

Looks like a North American barracks. And the term Christie suspension ain't Russian. :D

EDIT - not an M1. Hmmm... http://afvdb.50megs.com/usa/combatcarm1.html

The American prototype was the T-3. It looks like a Stuart turret because it is armed with a 37mm. It also appears to lack a co-ax mg, a sure sign of an early BT.

[ September 21, 2005, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: stoat ]