It's the little things I love

....tracers bouncing off buildings, so cool!

The Mk19, what a great weapon. In one mission, I killed 2 T-62KM(?) and 3 BTRs by getting in some rear shots on the tanks and APCs.

So many nice little things, thanks BFC, for a great game, and don't let all this negativity get to ya, this game is exactly what I envisioned and hoped for, my expectations are met and exceeded! smile.gif

One nice feature I noticed was the reloading of the M240 MMG, was nice to see the cover opened and the Assistant gunner strip off the ammo box and slapping a new into place, then the gunner closed the cover and cocked the weapon before resuming fire.

I take my hat off to the people at BFC, they exceeded my expectations for the game, admittedly, I always keep expectations fairly low, I like getting nice surprises.

Cheers

Staffan

Other little things that haven't been mentioned yet, or not by many people, but these are mostly scenario editor related and I don't think many of you have fooled around in there yet. When you do, you're going to really enjoy it.

a) Pictures in scenario briefings. Many of you lobbied long and hard for this for years. They're finally in. What do you think? Aerial photos, maps, whatever you want, within a certain size limit, you can put in.

B) Actual contour lines in the editor. They drove me dizzy trying to figure out how to use them but once someone explained it (for the third time) it became intuitive. And 1,000 or more terrain elevations. Looking forward to seeing some alpine/gorge maps from you fellows.

c) Mixing trees and other terrain. A great step forward - you can simulate orchards, or dense underbrush.

Most of my time with the game has been in the editor to date, so that's the stuff I've been noticing. I do indeed like the 40mm grenade launcher though. Hard not to.

Originally posted by Capt. Toleran:

....tracers bouncing off buildings, so cool!

Even cooler:

Troops between two buildings, under cover... Tracers bouncing off buildings, then hitting my guys around the corner. Never seen that in a game before.

Javelins. I never get tired of watching my guys launch them, or of the explosions they cause.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I also like relative spotting among friendly units. A great idea that is nicely handled.

I like that as well in elite mode ,the only problem being that you finally know more details about the unit you are targeting than the simple location of the guys next to you . A bit weird sometimes !!

Vehicle collisions throwing off treads. Ooops, bad driving.

Saggers having a minimum range, and being shown up by an RPG.

Airburst mortar shells owning entire hordes.

And the Mk19. Wow.

Oh yeah, the Toyotas. I love these things. If there's no .50 cal around they own infantry.