How do I take a screenshot?

This seems like a good opportunity to pimp one of my favorite little programs, SnagIt. It's made by a company called TechSmith.

Not sure if they still have a free version, but I love the thing and ponied up $20 for the full version. It's amazingly powerful and versatile for the price---does screencaps of all types (including video, click-and-drag, scrolling window, etc)---and even includes a decent, if basic, editor. I really like that you can save files in just about any format you can think of as well.

It always seems to be in PC Magazine's "favorites", if that means anything.

Here, if anyone is interested.

Wow, what's the big deal? It makes perfect sense to have such an easily added feature. Regardless of how many customers use it. Why do you think nearly all games that are released have a screen capture in the game? Because THE DEVS use it to make screenshots of their game to, how shall i say, pimp it out.

As a matter of fact, they should make 1 copy of the game without the screen capture thingie for Elmar to pay extra for. :D

But in all honesty, i like what David said:

Originally posted by David I:

I think BFC should show us some screenshots so that we can judge whether or not such a feature would be of interest to us. ;)

DavidI

I 2nd that. ;)

OK, even though it violates my Alpha Tester NDA, I'll spill the beans just to shut Grog Dorosh up.

CM2(Korea) will have extensive screenshot functionality. This will of course come at the expense of PBEM. We of the secret Alpha Team concluded that sending shots of your games against the AI to your CM buddies would be more fun, and less time-consuming, than playing a PBEM game.

Treeburst155, Lead Alpha Tester CMx2

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

OK, even though it violates my Alpha Tester NDA, I'll spill the beans just to shut Grog Dorosh up.

CM2(Korea) will have extensive screenshot functionality. This will of course come at the expense of PBEM. We of the secret Alpha Team concluded that sending shots of your games against the AI to your CM buddies would be more fun, and less time-consuming, than playing a PBEM game.

This is exactly what I'm talking about! Yaayyy! Yaaayy!!! I'm going to have screen shots! That's GREAT!

Well, time to punt a professional $35 program that is just over 3MB big, comparing favourably to SnagIt's $39/11MB in size: HyperSnap DX4 - Been using it for years and does not use much RAM memory.

Does not have any spyware. Just have to remember to launch HyperSnap before CM if you do NOT want to Alt-Tab, which is a pain on my old computer too. You still have to load 2 programs though, but you can't be that lazy mD, given your 20,000 about to go supernova ramblings?

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

---------------------

CMX2 progresses nicely. All my coding errors caused by drunkenness will of course be entirely your fault, so I hope you can live with yourself. – Charles Moylan, 1 Oct05

[ October 05, 2005, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Treeburst155:

This is exactly what I'm talking about! Yaayyy! Yaaayy!!! I'm going to have screen shots! That's GREAT! </font>

Then again, you could just buy a Mac, since even my old Mac G3 running OS 8.6 can take and save multiple screen shots without leaving CM.

Of course, I won't be able to play CMx2 on it and there are no guarantees that I'll be able to play it on a newer machine running OS X either.

Originally posted by WineCape:

[QB] Well, time to punt a professional $35 program that is just over 3MB big, comparing favourably to SnagIt's $39/11MB in size: HyperSnap DX4 - Been using it for years and does not use much RAM memory.

Does not have any spyware. Just have to remember to launch HyperSnap before CM if you do NOT want to Alt-Tab, which is a pain on my old computer too. You still have to load 2 programs though, but you can't be that lazy mD, given your 20,000 about to go supernova ramblings?

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

Wow - I've never actually replied to one of your posts before; I'm just now noticing that your entire signature block including advertising is typed in by you every time you post. No wonder your post count is so low! You must be exhausted!

Anyway, you seem positively obsessed with me today. We always figured you for the shy type; nice to see you come out of the shell. As for your home software situation, I'm afraid I'm not in a position to advise you. Nor do I care what third party software is out there; if you go back and read the thread - particuarly Sergei's posts (and yes, I'm as shocked to be saying that as you are to be hearing it) - perhaps you can catch up on the salient points of the discussion. If you need a brief recap - well, I'm obviously not yer man. ;)

Oh - and MeatEtr has posted the solution to the injoke which I was referring to. Do they have telemarketers in South Africa? Maybe you can't relate. I wish Canada would get a "no call" list.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I'm just now noticing that your entire signature block including advertising is typed in by you every time you post. No wonder your post count is so low! You must be exhausted!

Now that is funny.

I always wondered what that pesky [my profile] link was for...