Is there a Merkava unit in shock force?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice Michael's a junior member. Pretty much any other computer game out there WOULD mix & match inappropriate units for the sake of 'coolness', so you can't blame him for asking. But CMSF is being designed as a 'serious' tactical combat sim. Its rigorously researched. Its trying to be as close to the 'real thing' as possible (though they're not to blame if someone else concocts an all MGS versus Syrian taxicab scenario ;) ).

BFC has stated repeatedly that there will be no IDF module since they don't think there will be a market for it. I also presume they think it is too controversial.

Personally, I think a IDF module would be a natural fit for CMSF and I would much rather have that than a "European" module.

Originally posted by Sgt.Joch:

BFC has stated repeatedly that there will be no IDF module since they don't think there will be a market for it. I also presume they think it is too controversial.

I got that. I am just curious as to the "don't deserve" comment.

Why?

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sgt.Joch:

I got that. I am just curious as to the "don't deserve" comment.

Why? </font>

Originally posted by Abbott:

Ahh, he wants a politically correct Combat Mission.

Since when have Iranian anti-Israeli cartoons been 'politically correct'?

:confused:

Really, the tendency of certain people to label everything they don't like as 'political correctness' is astounding. Take this unsobill character, for instance. He's obviously some sort of anti-semite or anti-something. Mentioning Israel just passingly makes him hyperventilate. Everything he posts is either creepy (like that cartoon) or idiotic, like that "don't deserve" comment. How do you call that correct of any kind?

Originally posted by Sgt.Joch:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sgt.Joch:

I also want to know why one of the (if not the) most effective army in the world in the past 100 years

I didn't know IDF was that old! :eek: </font>

It is funny how, generally speaking, domestic Israeli press is more than willing to thrash out their policies publically but in the U.S. the topic's considered inappropriate to the point of being thought offensive. Until Iran was mentioned I was assuming that cartoon was an Israeli political cartoonist's take on the vehicle's much-publicized poor showing in Lebanon last year.