The Unofficial now that it is out please release the Download thread

Dear devs at BattleFront,

Don't let the folks that purchased directly through you get a bum deal. We paid the money, we paid more for the manual and you get the entire cut. Now others are getting the game now and playing before us, that is not right.

While I understand you may not have the facility to ship us the manual and disk immediately, you have the unique ability to open up the direct download aspect of the product, and luckily since all pre-orders included the download option, everyone who ordered through you will get the benifit.

One of the main reasons I buy your products is that as a former game programmer myself, I want to support small independent developers. Please do what small companies can do best.. improvise and change your plans in a quick and effcient manner.

Marc

Hold your horses everybody. The game is NOT supposed to be shipping anywhere. We've got a report from one person that he's got his copy. We're checking out to see how much the leak is. We are not going to run around with our heads cut off until we know what the extent of the leak is.

In short, we are not going to disrupt our palns because some Mom & Pop shop in Sweden shipped a couple of people their games. If it's more than that, then we'll see.

Steve

Originally posted by Mr Byte:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />In short, we are not going to disrupt our palns because some Mom & Pop shop in Sweden shipped a couple of people their games. If it's more than that, then we'll see

well fingers crossed it wasn't just swedish momma's and pappa's and I can download soon :D </font>

Um, no. I think we'll all get better support and a better product if it turns out to be just that, a single store goofed.

Don't you think the Battlefront crew has better things to do nine days before a major release than go chasing down supplier problems? If they make it available now, they'll get swamped with problems and questions from us and won't be prepared to address them in the fashion we've all come to admire them for

lighten up I was only having a bit of fun, obviously BF will release when it suits them regardless of our pleading, and rightly so. I bet you don't shake the presents under the tree at christmas do you :rolleyes:

Good for Paradox that it's Combat Mission Shock Force and not the latest Harry Potter game I guess.

Either way, we have no plans to move up the official release from July 27th UNLESS we find out that more than just a few lucky people got a copy by mistake even though they are not supposed to get them.

Martin

Originally posted by Mr Byte:

lighten up I was only having a bit of fun, obviously BF will release when it suits them regardless of our pleading, and rightly so. I bet you don't shake the presents under the tree at christmas do you :rolleyes:

And I was having a little fun myself, enjoying the fracas by being the voice of calm reason among all the more excitable types. I do it to drive my wife nuts too, including with the presents. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Moon:

Either way, we have no plans to move up the official release from July 27th UNLESS we find out that more than just a few lucky people got a copy by mistake even though they are not supposed to get them.

Martin

Shhh... you're only encouraging them to lie.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Don't you think the Battlefront crew has better things to do nine days before a major release than go chasing down supplier problems?

I think this should get nominated for Understatement of the Year :( This is already proven very disruptive and we've only known about it for 1 hour.

Steve </font>

I know I can't be the only one who has their...

50153500.jpg

.. in hope that it is a big leak and that we'll get the download early? I know the BF guys won't be happy about it, but the fans would start dancing for joy. :D

We might get a bunch of fakers saying that they got their game already to help make this happen.

Lets look at this methodicly, what percentage of people that got it early would actualy bother posting on forums as opposed to PLAYING THE GAME?

I reckon 1 percent but id love to know everyone elses thoughts.

Could be 100 plus copies gone out, and bear in mind they would have come direct from Paradox

Originally posted by Hev:

Lets look at this methodicly, what percentage of people that got it early would actualy bother posting on forums as opposed to PLAYING THE GAME?

I reckon 1 percent but id love to know everyone elses thoughts.

Could be 100 plus copies gone out, and bear in mind they would have come direct from Paradox

Or even use these forums, I guess. While we all know that we're the centre of Battlefront's universe, I do hope they are getting preorders from outside of here.

Easier for Battlefront if it's out of sight and (not quite) out of mind. Paradox must be able to figure out how many copies were shipped..

Honestly, if it turns out that a bunch of people who do not visit these forums got the game, I don't really care about an early release. It's 9 days, which they need to be able to get the patch ready.

It won't be so good to get it early and have issues that will only be fixed near the real release date when the patch is ready.

...Oh what am I saying. If 2 people have the game before I do, there will be hell to pay!

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Hold your horses everybody. The game is NOT supposed to be shipping anywhere. We've got a report from one person that he's got his copy. We're checking out to see how much the leak is. We are not going to run around with our heads cut off until we know what the extent of the leak is.

In short, we are not going to disrupt our palns because some Mom & Pop shop in Sweden shipped a couple of people their games. If it's more than that, then we'll see.

Steve

I realize I made one pretty big assumption

I assumed that Paradox itself was releasing all of their orders. If this is not the case and like you guys said it was just a few stores mssing up and shipping early then, of course I understand.

Heck I will understand if you can't release early even if it is true that the flood gates have been released and Pre-Order people get hosed (which actually happens more often than not, which is why I rarely pre-order anything)

Thanks for your time.

Marc

Please then, surely you could make the Vanila version (what ever your making the patch for) available for us on your site.

I for one dont mind getting a rubbish rate, but i do mind supporting you guys and some one that doesnt gets the game before me, that sux.

Plus, its only 350mb

Pretty Please :D