The Nibelungen Peng Challenge Ring Saga Thread...I Know, Let's Do a Show!

Time for guess the quote.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Speedy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

</font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Off to Isla Holbox for two weeks.

a_724.jpg

Seanachai and dalem, the thought of you guys staying here shivering just adds a certain something, I don’t know what.

Let’s see, -27C for you, +27C for me. How ironic, eh?

Aaah…life is good…Barkeep, uno cervesa por favor…and keep them coming…

Anybody else think those trees look... menacing? </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Samuel R. Delaney, The Jewels of Aptor.

Michael

After some research into the matter at hand, I discovered Mr. Emrys is absolutely wrong.

Ah, yeah, you're absolutely incorrect.

...Michael's assessment is quite off base.

</font>

Originally posted by Leeo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Samuel R. Delaney, The Jewels of Aptor.

Michael

After some research into the matter at hand, I discovered Mr. Emrys is absolutely wrong.

Ah, yeah, you're absolutely incorrect.

...Michael's assessment is quite off base. </font>

Five pound sledgehammers is the ticket. Wielded vigorously and persistently, of course.

Michael

You shame yourself, and make us all sad.

There are six pound hammers. There are ten and twenty pound sledgehammers.

I used to have a six pound sledge, with the long handle, that I'd chopped off to about 18". Used to toss it in the back yard, hand to hand, spins, fancy tosses.

You had to grab quick, or get out of the way, or you'd seriously injure yourself. Six pounds of spinning metal and wood could break a foot, shin, or forearm.

I still miss that damn sledge. It was in the car that got stolen. Bastards. They're probably using it now to cave in side-windows...

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I feel good, because I've got almost a $100 worth of single malt in my trunk.

Wow. That's like what... 20 bottles of Old Underwear?

Not bad. And if you get tired of drinking it (Like when they start snow boarding in hell), you can use it to remove tree sap from your car.

Along with most of the paint. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

...'The Three Musketeers' (the good version, screenplay by George McDonald Fraser, with Michael York, Oliver Reed, Albert Finney, etc in the main roles...

You are forgetting Richard Chamberlain as Aramis.

BTW, the 1948 version with Gene Kelly is pretty good too, especially the first half is wonderful. And who could ask for a better Richelieu than Vincent Price?

Michael </font>

You want to dance, America? You want to fight an unending War? You want to solve the Immigration Issue?

Give citizenship to every fool, and his immediate family, who wants to fight for America in Iraq, or Afghanistan (lest we ****ing completely forget that all but lost war that made some freaking sense...)

But perhaps that's too cynical.

Don't know. My 10th grade German teacher crawled under the wire from East Germany to the West side when he was 15 years old, and became an American citizen by serving in the American Military for four years. That was during the Cold War.

He was a great guy. Odd sense of humour, but then, he was German.

You can't really trust the goddamn Germans.

Is that what we want to be said about us?

Originally posted by Stuka:

I post alot because I now have a job with a good interweb connection and an office where I may post and surf more or less to my hearts desire.

and I ain't married either me bucky-o, once bitten and all that....

Sigh.

You're a goddamn idjit, Stuka. I like you, lad. Won't leave you out there, hanging. If I could come up with someone as stupid as you are...

Well, I'd be looking in a mirror, eh? But I wouldn't be half so handsome. Nor half as convinced of it.

So, Stuka. You get to be the handsome one. I get to be the smart one.

Go with it. You're not completely stupid. But, if taken in the right light, with the sun shining just so, and the police closing in, you could be quite captivating.

Hopefully long enough to dodge a full body cavity search, you annoying Aussie c*cks*cker.

I've always liked you, Stuka. But I have to ask myself this:

Do you like him enough to risk a popsicle stick up the arse for him?

Hell, Stuka! I'm not after saying I'd take the stick up the arse for you, but I'm willing to say that you are the dumbest, weirdest, drunkest Aussie I'd have to even contemplate bending over and spreading them for....