Remove the time-limit?

What's the longest running scenario (either BFC or 3rd party) out there currently? I know there's a more than a couple at 2 1/2 hours. As entertaining as the game is I've got to admit I start to get a bit restless with scenarios going much over 1 3/4 hour clock time. Playing WeGo, that's enough for the evening meal, a little gameplay and a bit of TV before bed. 4 hrs in Wego sounds like a dedicated workday & sore eyeballs afterward. ;).

What's the longest running scenario (either BFC or 3rd party) out there currently? I know there's a more than a couple at 2 1/2 hours. As entertaining as the game is I've got to admit I start to get a bit restless with scenarios going much over 1 3/4 hour clock time. Playing WeGo, that's enough for the evening meal, a little gameplay and a bit of TV before bed. 4 hrs in Wego sounds like a dedicated workday & sore eyeballs afterward. ;).

Disgrace to your grog heritage. I expect your gun and badge turned in first thing in the morning.

Okay, time for aneffort to steer this vaguely on topic.

One issue I have is that indeed the game ends too early. but not in the way you think.

Frequently I get the early victory indicating total Syrian collapse. But when I then inspect the map, I see a fair number of troops that could stil give me quite the headache.

Indeed, the firepower to bring the Syrian to their auto-surrendering knees has been mostly expended in the effort. If only I would be forced to close with the not too shabby Syrian remains that my air, artillery and stand off firepower couldn't find I actually might have more trouble then I have currently.

So again the option to play on after scenario ending is made. Though a further tightening of particularly the Syrian auto-surrender threshold might be in order.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

A few posts in this topic mentioned that you can load up the scenarios and quick battles in the editor and change their time limit.

I can open up the scenarios just fine, and edit it. The result is a time limit adjusted to my liking. However, I've basically adjusted every quickbattle map, but there has been no change in the time limit. Is it possible to adjust the time limit of these quickbattles at all?

Furthermore, I've tried the demo before I bought CM:SF. I believe in the demo I could set scenario time limit for quick battles. Is this a patch 1.21 feature (I have the gamersgate version so I don't have 1.21 yet) or is this a Marines or British modules feature?

Thanks.

About the AI auto-surrender, is this tweakable in the editor yet? I know the AI originally didn't surrender until only 2 or 3 men were left standing in any particular scenario, but then it got changed a few patches ago to make them surrender when what seems like 10-20% of their forces are remaining. I haven't played around with the AI in the editor that much but it would make the most sense to make the surrender threshold changeable.