Fashion Week

Glad to see it worked, ND. smile.gif

I have not yet found a way to solve the outline issue. Well, it can be solved if the whole texture is replaced with a solid alpha, this also removes the outlines, but as soon as only part of the texture is removed, the outlines are there.

You can try to downplay it a little by filling the removed area with a single color which does not stand out too much, then assign this specific color to an alpha channel.

Personally I don't find these outlines too distracting. Usually in battle one doesn't notice them. And for screenshots a slight panning or tunring of the camera often solves the problem.

Btw. Nice job the knee protectors and gloves. Looks great. smile.gif (Odd that the stock uniforms don't have them)

Normal Dude,

::Flash to scarecrow bug::
Actually, this isn't a bug per se. It's a way to keep the game going when the computer can't keep up with the graphics end of things. It's got a goofy look to it, that's for sure, but it is a deliberate behavior.

Having said that, v1.08 is a little more forgiving and therefore attempts to keep the animations going even when performance is quite poor.

Steve

Birdstrike,

I'm a bit confused about how CMSF uses these textures. I played around with your mod and only used the ussoldier-molle bmp's with the camelback and still I got the ghost camelback effect.

I used m1a1's mod with a couple of your ussoldier-molle bmp's added. I only tested it with a scout platoon so maybe heavier infantry turn out different.

Have you noticed this?

Yes, that's what it should do, actually. ;)

By design, only one type of molle should use the camelback. That's why it doesn't seem to work.

IIRC I left only one molle texture with the camelback visible (#1, i think). The others might still display it in windows preview (I guess that's what you're using?) or when opened with a graphics editor without 32-but bmp support. But no matter what you see, all molle textures, except for the one have the alpha applied to the camelback and therefore it will not appear in the game for 8 out of 9 molles.

However, I can easily make some fine adjustments and bring the camelback back for all the molle textures. This way players can decide themselves which look they prefer. No prob. smile.gif

I will upload an update to CMMODs. Probably tomorrow or so.

Originally posted by birdstrike:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Normal Dude:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by birdstrike:

Btw. Nice job the knee protectors and gloves. Looks great. smile.gif (Odd that the stock uniforms don't have them)

That's not me. ;) That is M1A1Tank Commanders mod. </font>

Originally posted by birdstrike:

Yes, that's what it should do, actually. ;)

By design, only one type of molle should use the camelback. That's why it doesn't seem to work.

IIRC I left only one molle texture with the camelback visible (#1, i think). The others might still display it in windows preview (I guess that's what you're using?) or when opened with a graphics editor without 32-but bmp support. But no matter what you see, all molle textures, except for the one have the alpha applied to the camelback and therefore it will not appear in the game for 8 out of 9 molles.

However, I can easily make some fine adjustments and bring the camelback back for all the molle textures. This way players can decide themselves which look they prefer. No prob. smile.gif

I will upload an update to CMMODs. Probably tomorrow or so.

Thanks birdstrike that would be great if you could put up the textures with the camelback.

I've uploaded a USRT Camelback supplement to CMMODs.com which includes alternative textures for all molle textures in the basic mod. The new textures have a visible camelback. You can use all or only some of the textures to get the camelback back.

And since I was on it I also added a little camo pattern to some of them. smile.gif

Preview-2.jpg

To install, drop the new textures into the USRT folder and overwrite the old ones.