RPG-7, Fire discipline & Peng Challenge's explained

Originally posted by Nidan1:

My life is good, do I have to feel guilty because Abdul in Beirut is displaced by Israeli bombs, or that Shlomo and his family have to evacuate their home because of Katyusha rockets

?

Not necessarily. Unless you have done something to worsen their respective conditions, which is probably unlikely I think. You might show a smidgen of concern for them, however. In the morning when you sober up. If you ever do.

Michael

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

[Ah, we were all so much younger then...

Michael

You only remember being young, but we both know it was a delusion. A daydream you had to trick memories around the fact that you were born Eternal. A bit like that poor sod in Bladerunner with his 'childhood photos'.

And if I only could,

I'd make a deal with God,

And I'd get him to swap our places,

Be running up that road,

Be running up that hill,

Be running up that building.

If I only could, oh...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Oh…

Offensive abuse of English completely eliminated...

*Sir 37mm shows off his new 50p medallion*

Dear God. Someone get Dalem in here to write a poem, stat!

If we do a musical, you will NOT fecking be working on the libretto...</font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Is it just me or does that sentence really need to be finished in some way?

I recommend shooting it in the head. But being you *sigh* I suppose you will try to sand it and lacquer it. And inevitably bungle the job, of course.

Michael

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael

You only remember being young, but we both know it was a delusion. A daydream you had to trick memories around the fact that you were born Eternal. A bit like that poor sod in Bladerunner with his 'childhood photos'.

And if I only could,

Be running up that road,

Be running up that hill,

If I only could, oh... </font>

Actually, I was listening to Hounds of Love.

Coincidence, eh? Neat. Can you dig where on "The Big Sky" she gets totally ecstatic? Lot of good songs on that album.

Although my first love will always remain The Dreaming...
Years ago, I bought a double album of her greatest hits, and I believe there was a song or two from that album. I think there was at least one song from every album she had done up until then, and a picture of her from each one. Looking at those pictures, the thing that struck me was how different she looked in each one. I got to calling her "The woman of a thousand faces".

The Sensual World a good song or two on it as well ("Never be Mine" might be one of them), but I think she had pretty well shot her bolt by then.

Michael

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

And if I only could,

Be running up that road,

Be running up that hill,

If I only could, oh...

Of course you realize that her songs are just metaphors for her uncontrollable desire to bathe in my manly spill? </font>

Originally posted by Mace:

Actually, I was listening to Hounds of Love. Although my first love will always remain The Dreaming...

Her Babooshka video has always been........stimulating. </font>

Michael

You only remember being young, but we both know it was a delusion. A daydream you had to trick memories around the fact that you were born Eternal.</font>

Ah, good. Emerys is up from his 8th nap of the day. We can all sit back and watch him post several dozen times, replying to every other post in the Pool like the petulant agony aunt he's become.

And there must be some kind of grand alignment of the planets occuring, because I was just up in my workroom listening to "Hounds of Love".

Could this be yet another sign of the Apocalypso?

Gawd, how many signs can there be? Is this the Apocalypso or some kind of suburban yard sale?

Ah, good. Emerys is up from his 8th nap of the day. We can all sit back and watch him post several dozen times, replying to every other post in the Pool like the petulant agony aunt he's become.

Hush, thuggish one. Our man Emrys is after being all Eternal. He gets a certain 'lilt' to his posts when he does, and it pleases me.

And there must be some kind of grand alignment of the planets occuring, because I was just up in my workroom listening to "Hounds of Love".

Could this be yet another sign of the Apocalypso?

Of course it is. Soon all those who have a role to play in the Apocalypso will be locked into the same soundtrack. The Grand Alignment has begun.

Gawd, how many signs can there be?

You do realize that, in the later stages, all of us will not only be posting to the same soundtrack, but living it? And even...gods help us...dancing to it?

In the End Days, all the members of the Peng Challenge Thread, as significant primaries in the Apocalypso, will be in the streets, caught up in a hideous cross between a Busby Berkeley musical and The Rocky Horror Picture Show...

Is it your Italian heritage that makes you befoul every good and lovely thing you encounter, or were you perverted by Sauron as a child?

Michael

If you think that's bad, try watching Narnia with him some time.

We shouldn't castigate him too much, though. It's just his nature.

He probably is the Witch King, though.

Still, he'll be right there with us in the End Days, doing an aria about the 'Joys of Hell', like a good Neo-Con.

In the End Days, all the members of the Peng Challenge Thread, as significant primaries in the Apocalypso, will be in the streets, caught up in a hideous cross between a Busby Berkeley musical and The Rocky Horror Picture Show...

Hmmm... do I want to nail Susan Sarandon or Ruby Keeler*...?

(*As they were back then. Not as they are now, thank you.)

And speaking of Kate Bush... the first time I ever saw her was on an episode of Saturday Night Live, hosted by Michael Palin, I believe. She sang two songs from "The Kick Inside" and I thought she was the bee's knees.

I played that album so much you could hear both sides at the same time.

A bit disconcerting, now that I think about it.

Originally posted by Mace:

Actually, I was listening to Hounds of Love. Although my first love will always remain The Dreaming...

Her Babooshka video has always been........stimulating. </font>

[Can you dig where on "The Big Sky" she gets totally ecstatic? Lot of good songs on that album.

Michael

I love it when she giggles and says the last cloud "Looks like Ireland..." </font>

Here's to that bastard Berli! A good host, a good sort, a hell of a guy, and a guy from Hell.

Would The Almighty stand you to a drink and put on a good song? Not him! In Heaven, the off-sales all close at 8 PM, the harps jangle with feverish praise, and any attempt at jollity is drowned under the onslaught of adoring sycophancy.

That's too horrible to contemplate. Can't we all take poison just before the asteroid hits instead?

Michael

She sang two songs from "The Kick Inside" and I thought she was the bee's knees.

I played that album so much you could hear both sides at the same time.

A bit disconcerting, now that I think about it.

Not really. I've been listening to that CD over and over for the past week.

She certainly has a way with lyrics.

That's too horrible to contemplate. Can't we all take poison just before the asteroid hits instead?

Michael </font>