All the same fundamental flaws in all their glory.

Guest Guest

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same problem here. A quick order followed by a hunt order, both orders originally being aligned.

A part of the squad ventures to the left of the target building, some go inside, and some try the right side to get cut down for no gain. Not easy to watch.

Path1.jpg

Path2.jpg

Jeeez.....c'mon guys, you just dont 'get it' do you?!! Shots fired through the ground is just an 'abstraction.' Squads doing crazy things is just a 'minor hitch.' Guys....wake up!! Shock Force is the future of wargaming - wots wrong with you!!

Adam1 wrote -

"No doubt now I will be told it's all just in my opinion and that everyone thought it was gone, and it's just a coincidence that the issues cropped up now and not in beta testing. Or, the game really is what it is, and a spade is a spade."

Yes mate....thats unfortunately what you will be told here. BF could sell a turd in a shrink-wrapped bag to these guys and they would still tell you it doesnt stink.

- falco.

Originally posted by (fgm) falco:

Jeeez.....c'mon guys, you just dont 'get it' do you?!! Shots fired through the ground is just an 'abstraction.' Squads doing crazy things is just a 'minor hitch.' Guys....wake up!! Shock Force is the future of wargaming - wots wrong with you!!

idiot.jpg

[ October 03, 2007, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Melnibone ]

Originally posted by Melnibone:

Absolutely - these things need to be highlighted so that further refinements can hopefully fix them completely.

And when they are all fixed every itsy bitsy one of them according to you're delusional liking you'll still be whining, like an idiot.

Its never going to be "playable" for you guys.

yeah, I know it needs fixing, and its had a lot of problems, but your nitpicky fixations into grey areas as to "should this be" is never going to end.

What a depressing, disappointing forum this has become.

Originally posted by Melnibone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FaxisAxis:

And when they are all fixed every itsy bitsy one of them according to you're delusional liking you'll still be whining, like an idiot.

Its never going to be "playable" for you guys.

It's playable right now for me actually. Are you on medication? </font>

one issue with the first set of screen shot is the slope of that very flat hill is VERY gradual and it would appear the ame engine is interpretting the underline terrain mesh to be flatter then it appears when you play the game, so it looks like the round go righ through the flat crest of the gentle slope on that hill.

That does not means its ok or that makes it right, but that might provide some form of technical explanation about how the rounds are not being blocked by the hill.

I find this interesting because my issue is JUST the opposite, infantry units won't fire at opposing units in trenchs because they can't get a LOF form an elevated position like the roof of a second floor building down into the trench in Hammertime. :confused:

So these pics are very curious for sure.

I have no doubt the game is behaving exactly as Adam1 is documenting it in his pics, because the game engine does not realize the player is seeing solid ground/terrain in between the units shooing at each other, obvioulsly the game engine believes the LOF is clear.

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I find this interesting because my issue is JUST the opposite, infantry units won't fire at opposing units in trenchs because they can't get a LOF form an elevated position like the roof of a second floor building down into the trench in Hammertime. :confused:

I'm seeing exactly the same issue, in the same scenario, from probably from the exact same position as you were in. :D

Originally posted by Manx:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I'm seeing exactly the same issue, in the same scenario, from probably from the exact same position as you were in. :D </font>

Tom, I ran the scenario Hammertime v3 last night and I had the scouts on the roof they had a LOS/LOF at the RPG team in the trench. I selected "Target Light" and they fired just their weapons at the RPG which caused the RPG team to moved away from the trench. I sent my Hummer to that location and found no RPG Team there. The reason I'm posting this is because sometimes I have that same problem you mention and other times I don't. What I did was start a new game and I see that same problem. Start another new game and do the same thing and they fire at the RPG Team.

Strange.

JohnO

yes

I too have seen it BOTH ways (firing and NOT firing) from the Exact same position.

The larger roof top further to the left edge of the map in Hammertime gives a FAR better LOS to the RPG in the trench and they always fire, but the more central small square roof (the easiest one to get to off the start) has the problem with not firing sometimes.

right?

Is it just Hammertime that has the majority of problems. I stopped playing 1.03 becuase these things were popping up constantly. I have had it happen only once in Hammertime and haven't seen it any of the others.

edit: I should say 1.04 now seems more like CM to me and I really like it. TacAI is finally closer to what it should be.

[ October 03, 2007, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: thewood ]