Syrian forces practice amphibious landings

Amateur cameraman catches Syrian forces acting as OPFOR and carrying out amphibious landings on Syria's Mediterranean coast. - No doubt prompted by the expected arrival of a USMC MEU in the area shortly.

post-40653-0-14495000-1436093895.jpg

If someone wants to host it a short film clip exists

[ May 25, 2008, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Pete Wenman ]

post-40653-0-14495000-1436093895_thumb.j

Edited by Pete Wenman

Waitjustaminute. . .

Is this a Photoshop thing, or some kind of stealth bone for the Marines Module?!

If the latter, someone volunteer and host the durn film clip, already!

Or just put it up on Youtube. Less than ideal quality, but I'll take what I can get.

Is that water I see??

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by Pete Wenman:

land2.jpg

London, England (AP) US military planners continue to be baffled by the presence of floating red diamonds over Syrian tracked vehicles. Speculation ranges from an active defensive system to some sort of super-laser-hyper thing.

A pentagon official stated anonymously, "We don't know what the hell it is so we figured we should just blow them all up." The official then went back to mopping the mens room.

Waitjustaminute. . .

Is this a Photoshop thing, or some kind of stealth bone for the Marines Module?!

If the latter, someone volunteer and host the durn film clip, already!

if it is 100mb or less, rapid share is great. i can DL with about 1500kb/s from there, they have great servers :D

Originally posted by troupierLEON:

Isn't the "water" the "blueish" gravel of CMSF you can choose in the editor?

Could be. . . what's giving me pause is that vehicle appears to be sitting *in* the "water".

Could just be a careful arrangement of camera angle and terrain, or a bit of image manipulation.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, b/c I'm very skeptical that BFC has been able to somehow manage to get water modeling done for the Marines Module. It would most love to be wrong about this , tho.

Cheers,

YD

All right, this BETTER not be a *&%$%! tease!

Pete, are you a beta-tester? Is this a BFC-sanctioned bone, er what?!

For all who haven't seen the clip yet, by appearances it's a clip of an amphibious landing by BMPs, showing the BMPs "swimming" up to the beach, and making landfall.

Either Pete is a genius with a video editor and/or the CMSF scenario designer, or we're getting water and amphib. modeling in CMSF:Marines!!

Dammit, if I'm getting blue-balled here, I'm going to be pissed. . .

YD

I've just watched the video. Looks convincing.

If you track a single vehicle as it "swims" towards the shore, you can see what looks like white water spray appear behind it at periodic intervals. This doesn't look like any effect in the game already, which makes me think this isn't just some Photoshop scam.

If it is genuine beta footage of a water upgrade for CM:SF it may only be a work in progress as there is no animation of the water at all. I would expect at least some sort of random sparkling to simulate light reflecting off a fluid surface.

However, I checked out Pete Wenman's home page and he is an accomplished artist, with many maritime-themed pieces of art to his credit, so perhaps it is just photoshop (or it's video editing equivalent).

Nice work even if it's fake. smile.gif