Welcome Newcomers - CM:SF Pre-Release Thread

Another thing I look forward to is one of those special moments that can only occur in a CM game. You know the moments where you discovered who was truly the uberfinn trooper in your ranks , or the moments where chance or dumb luck ruins or makes a game.

Those moments can be pretty special smile.gif .

//Salkin

To all you newbies,

The CM community is home to a lot of fun times! I remember looking every day online for the news of CMBO demo and then playing it over and over again until BF released the final version. From then on I delved into ETO and my library grew with books and movies from all over the world! The knowledge of the this grognard community is immense and commradere grew! There are some great knowlegable people here in this forum and fun people too! I met people online from every corner of the world and the experts and layman alike can help you with anything from computer knowledge to even recipes. Dive in and learn! Have fun playing PBEM, Hotseat, and AI! I cannot wait to see some of the mods that come out! Hang on CMSF will be a wild ride! If you are bold enough to even enter the PENG thread for a laugh or two, and a battle or two of CM and wit!

CM will challenge the gamey and non gamey types! WELCOME!

Hello Every1,,,,Another newbie here,,,Registered when TOW came out and have purchased all cm games and the T-72 sim also. I was a C&C twitcher until I bought CBMO I Returned it to the retailer,,didn't like it cause I didn't understand the concept.Until at a later time after so many tank rushes and base building got me bored I played a demo of CMBB and I took the time to play it ,,,I was hooked,,,,Haven't played a regular rts since ,,,Can't wait til the 27th,,,Nice to meet u all..

Cheers to all

H.R.Mitchell

Hello all, figured after all this lurking i could go ahead and introduce myself, been reading these forums for the better part of the last year in anticipation of tomorrow, having said that, I hope to contribute greatly to this forum, I'm assuming (and we all know what that does) that I'm not the only one on here with military service under the belt(field artilleryman by trade) so if you guys want to know anything about that little aspect, I'd be more than happy to put my 2 cents in. Well that's enough for now time to stare at the clock some more.

Another longtime lurker here. It's been well over a year since I last played a CM game, and I figured might as well register so I'm all set up to ask for the help I'll inevitably need. Can't wait, though. I can't remember the last time I was excited enough to preorder a game.

Hi all, I just re-registered after a long absence, I've played wargames since the Avalon Hill/SPI days past. Been playing computer games ever since I could figure out how to load them into my C64. Now a days I play the Battlefront stable of games, primarily the CM games and the armor sim Steel Beasts Pro-PE. I'm really looking forward to Shock Force. I'm sure it will have a long and happy life on my hard drive.

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

Humvees RULE if you are attacking fortified positions. They give off lots of smoke when blowded up and will help screen for the sniper team assault that follows! And I bet you guys thought you could only do that in Counter Strike.

To hell with counter stike. My humvees will make road kills like in Battlefield 2142, every 5 infantry squished in a round we get a power up to our humvee, a laser gatling would be fine . :Dtongue.gif

Im reading the Forums Regularly since 2002 and im playing since CMBB. CMAK was a bit dissapolinting to me causefrom my Point of vie there was not so much new in it.

I just cant hang around in these Forms for over an Yar now cause i get so "horny" on this Game that i cant stand so i tryed to Ban it from my Mind so i dont think about it ;)

What im really looking for is the new Relativ Spotting wich was the Greatest Flaw of the old CMx1 Engine and the new Command and Control System (Dunno the Shortterm of it) with Radio,Handsigns and Sattelite. This will be great and i think BFC have made their homeworks.

hello everyone, greetingz from Hungary,

i've been playing the whole cm series for about 3 years now, i first read about it in a review of some insignificant rts where cm was quoted as THE standard for wargames and i just got curious.

i only played singleplayer up till now, not having had internet connection at home.

I always felt a bit impatient with the igoyougowego system so im really looking forward to the real-time aspect. and of course to have my little iraq/i mean syria mess on my computer at home.

although in a sense it's sad that real people spill there guts out there while i'm trying to get a kick out of the same thing only in the form of little animated pixels. but then, WWII was just as fun for everybody, right?

Hi. My name is Razgovory. I've posted on these forums before but not very often. I own CMBO, CMBB and CMAK. Some one on another forum gave me the link to the Demo of CMBO when it first came out and I was blown away by it. I really liked the turnbased system, and how the 3D maps made judging line of site a snap (something I found annoying with older wargames). It was one of those rare games that is easy to play but hard to master. I remember my first game very. I felt sorry for the poor Germans getting shelled and then felt terror when a Panther came up over the hill and started killing my Shermans.(I think the Map was called "Valley of Trouble" or something like that. Only a lucky hit by a 75mm artillery shell stopped the Panther's rampage. It was one of the most intense gaming moments I ever had. I pretty much had to get it at that point.

When Shock Force was announced alot of people were disappointed because it wasn't WWII. Not me. There are so many WWII games as it is. I would really like a change of pace. (though a game where you fight in the Pacific theater would be okay, just enough with the Germans!)

Well I have pre-ordered the game and await with bated breath when I can download it. Perhaps I'll see some of you online...

Guess I'm a newbie here, so short introduction is in order!

Not exactly new to the genre, played CMBO and CMBB, and also a bit of a tabletop gamer (WW2, modern, medieval, and roman era, also naval TT games like Command at sea and Harpoon 4).

I have been lurking these forums for a while and joined when TOW got out (actually likes that title), I am fairly excited about this release because it will offer some great possibilities and new challenges to PC wargaming

I look forward to seeing the new game engine and also hope to get some scenario design going.

Cheers

Staffan