20 New QB Maps at CMMODS

MarkEzra

Thanks for the maps Mark!

Can you tell me what the filenames imply?

MM ?

RG?

Numbers - 01, 13, 03?

ez?

I gave up on QBs long ago. Horrible UI.

Make my choices, hit go, Nope, I lose.

Make another choice, hit go, lose again.

I'd like to see your maps and know what to go choose to play them.

Thank you. Last night I tried a QB on Random settings. Hill map I was defender Syria Repub Guard T72V tank Co. So I set up and start. First turn Nada...oh no...Second turn..Here come the blues...5 M1's and 3 bradley's smoking in the first 3 turns...and me not a scratch...just nailing them as they turn into the valley to deploy...And then I'm wiped out to a man in the next 30 minutes. I've got the Company commander and his wounded crewman left...When I surrender to the AI....How VERY Coooool.

The QB Group will be hard at work producing another 20 maps for release next weekend. We are going to pay particular attention to what type of scen mix is lacking and provide more maps accordingly. There are plenty of you out there who are making your own maps. We need your help. The type of map we look for is generic, mid size, and low end user friendly. In other words a Good, simple, yet interesting map with a few whistles and bells. You can post them individually at CMMODS, naturally. But we hope you will send them to Mishga or myself so we can standardize their naming and batch them for easy use by the CM community.

From what I'm reading Mark that map had an stratAI plan, is the case with all the maps?

a bit offtopic but I hope in the future more options/triggers are added to stratAI planning, don't know if that would be of much use to QBs cause the force compositions are generic etc.

QB Group Update:

I just did a check of the games organic QB maps and QB Groups vol 1....There is a map for everything BUT (damn it) Town/Meet. We will be working on that pronto along with others that have only one map: Village/Meet, Hill/Meet & Rough/Meet....Nobody wants to meet and more, do they!?

athkatla, I guess the only way to know for sure is to move all exisiting maps out of the QB map folder and only put these new ones in.

When you talk about the stratAI remember if a QB doesn't have it then it is nearly worthless for solo play. To play solo in ANY CMSF battle you need to have some type plan written in for the AI.