Eurogamer Review

Have to agree with Joques1, whether you agree with it or not it's a fairly well written review with specific points to make backed up with evidence (unlike some other reviews of CMSF I've seen).

Battlefront seem to be assuming that these days 99% of people will be able to download patches online, well those same people will be typing "CMSF review" into Google so if you think online reviews don't have any weight then you're dead wrong.

Have fun

Finn

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

There is another Origins award winning company that sells miniautres rules called Too Fat Lardies

Producers of some of the best miniature rules available. They have their tongues shoved firmly in their cheeks, but their rules are top notch.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

There is another Origins award winning company that sells miniautres rules called Too Fat Lardies

Producers of some of the best miniature rules available. They have their tongues shoved firmly in their cheeks, but their rules are top notch. </font>

This is my problem with blogs, and indeed, modern journalism in general. Putting it in writing tends to legitimize it for many people. Flashy websites with obscure names tend to get legitimacy based on form and not substance.

If you haven't read it, how do you know it lacks substance?

Originally posted by Cavtroop:

This is my problem with blogs, and indeed, modern journalism in general. Putting it in writing tends to legitimize it for many people. Flashy websites with obscure names tend to get legitimacy based on form and not substance.

If you haven't read it, how do you know it lacks substance? </font>

So Let me get this straight: You boys are wrangling over a review of CM:SF v1.0...a version that should never have seen the light of day and was Obsolete the FIRST MINUTE of the official release. A Review that has no follow up commenting on the ACTUAL release (v 1.01)? Do I have this right?

Here's my review;

Warts and all I played it until well after midnight last night.

Even with the flaws, (especially considering the pathfinding & TacAI "oddness" soon to be fixed), once you get the hang of the game it's fun and compelling to play on and on into the night.

... once the established review sites with named authors start to weigh in, your google ranking will slip fast, so best to get it in while you can, huh?

That is sooo unfair!

*I* linked to the review, not the author! And it was *me* who pointed out the Google rating after you went into denial about the significance of this review!

Where do you pull these accusations from?

Best regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

So Let me get this straight: You boys are wrangling over a review of CM:SF v1.0...a version that should never have seen the light of day and was Obsolete the FIRST MINUTE of the official release. A Review that has no follow up commenting on the ACTUAL release (v 1.01)? Do I have this right?

He reviewed the release version (boxed) you can get off the shelf from every supermarket in germany for 34.99 EUR. This version is bugware in its worst incarnation. Even the v1.01 patch he also mentions in his review can´t hide the fact that this code suffers from multiple glaring errors and serious bugs as you can read on this board and elsewere.

He obviously wasn´t aware of the hardware issues this piece of bananaware is suffering from. If he would have known about the ATI/VISTA bug he hardly would have found a 5/10 appropriate, more likely a 2/10 would fit to this piece of shameware in its current state.

I can´t understand how someone like BTS can release such an unfinished product to the public and still believe they don´t loose any credibility in the customer-base by doing so. One must really wear thick pink fanboy glasses to look over all the shortcommings the release version of CM:SF is suffering from.

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

:D

I'm trying to be fair. I didn't even mention the guy's mom is one of the forum members there.

Seriously, there's no wrangling, but I would like to know why Thomm placed such significance on it by bringing it to our attention. He didn't really have much to say about it one way or the other.

Edit to add that I'm not anti-mom. I'd be thrilled if my mom showed up on a forum to participate in informed discussion. I certainly have no qualms about introducing my friends to her. Or my dad.

Seriously, there's no wrangling, but I would like to know why Thomm placed such significance on it by bringing it to our attention. He didn't really have much to say about it one way or the other.

So, you want to know why, eh?

Maybe because this thread was about a devastating review and the linked review, independently, makes practically identical points?

What should I have said about it?! Does it not speak for itself?

Best regards,

Thomm

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The DesertFox:

One must really wear thick pink fanboy glasses to look over all the shortcommings the release version of CM:SF is suffering from.

Or else we're simply in the majority who have no outstanding technical issues and aren't letting them cloud our judgement. </font>

Originally posted by VonWebb:

Isn't there an old Adage... v1.0 of anything NEW in the tech world is bound to be screwy as hell...?

Everything will shape up.... :cool:

A 1.0 version with true WEGO, and good tactics... it's a mandatory feature to satisfy your customers.

Our current WEGO it's just a fake!.

6hcn3gw.jpg

Originally posted by The DesertFox:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The DesertFox:

One must really wear thick pink fanboy glasses to look over all the shortcommings the release version of CM:SF is suffering from.

Or else we're simply in the majority who have no outstanding technical issues and aren't letting them cloud our judgement. </font>