WeGo'rs Rise and Shine

Huntarr

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the Pauses at the middle waypoints actually work? I tried to use them for dismounting but the Stryker ignored the pause and drove to its final waypoint with the squad inside disembarking there instead of at the Paused waypoint.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also popping smoke does not work when connected to waypoints?

The fire arcs, fire orders and facing is useful...

I would just like to say we can neither confirm or deny that report, it has always been the policy of the department of osbfucation not to comment on any new or possibly new or rumoured to be new, developments that some beta testors may, or may not, be playing with this morning.

Let me say this though...

you might suspect there is actual "work" (play testing) going on RIGHT now on what could be on the rumoured up coming v1.04 patch

but as you can see no one is really talking about it smile.gif

at least not without violating their NDA

;)

Allow me to ask a question.

In the movement panel shown in the screenshot, the various movement options have certain colored tabs, yet the movement line as plotted in the overhead view only seems to match one of the colored tabs: is this correct?

I would rather see the movement orders plotted on ground to match the colored tabs.

I'd also like to see SPEEDS matched by color and name. I understand infantry MOVE is not the same speed as vehicle MOVE. I think it'd be MUCH more useful to have the speeds of movement matched for various units. E.g., for a vehicle to accompany infantry, call it "DISMOUNT SPEED" or somesuch, and have the colors match.

To add a bit of elegance to the whole speed/movement orders idea, I'd like the velocity to be matched to the colors of the spectrum, going from low crawl of .1m/s as deep red, to Stryker at 60mph (~27m/s) being near ultra-violet. That way I could coordinate my various units' advances.

(I have in my possession both of my collector's editions pre-ordered games, but I will not even attempt to load or play this game until this VERY anticipated patch...)

Thanks,

Ken

Joch I decided to drop playing the campaing in 1.02 when it was announced that backwards compatibility wouldn't be possible in 1.03. I have decided to put it on hold until the game is fully patched, that is at least 3 or 4 more patches which fix all the major bugs definitivelly and some tunning is done.

Until then single scenarios may do it, and hopefully someone eventually will design a campaing for then.

Knac,I was being ironic ;) . I am very glad to see the rapid improvements being made to CMSF even though it means I keep restarting the 1st campaign mission each time a new patch comes out to test out the new goodies. I am also not playing to go deeper into it until we get closer to the final patch.

Originally posted by c3k:

Allow me to ask a question.

In the movement panel shown in the screenshot, the various movement options have certain colored tabs, yet the movement line as plotted in the overhead view only seems to match one of the colored tabs: is this correct?

I would rather see the movement orders plotted on ground to match the colored tabs.

Perhaps because they were all "MOVE" orders? :D

The last dark blue diagonal line is a facing order.

i.e. End movement and pivot to bearing 135

The other blue line on the right looks like a possible 'patrol' command? Back and forth between the two points, Pause, then continue.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the RTS games that have a patrol area order.