Red vs Red Scenario and The Chechen War Theatre

The scenario has been updated:

- Defender's AI expanded to 4 plans, to increase setup unpredictability. To counter Red's rather cheap tactic of preemptively leveling the two flanking sets of buildings, the defenders are now able to occasionally leave them completely unoccupied. Defenders are now also able to counter-attack.

- Seeing how Red forces can no longer call in Arty with out an FO, one such unit has been added to the attackers.

- Changed the defender's units from "Combatants" to "Fighters" in order to take advantage of my very own Rebel Fighters skin mod.

I also finally took the plunge and despite it's atrocious interface uploaded stuff to CMMods. tongue.gif

...perhaps this post can be moved to the Scenario forum? (it didn't yet exist when I first posted it)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I really enjoyed "Polyanskoe", that was a fun one. Glad to hear you've updated it. I will definitely give the new version another go later. As it happens, if you're still interested in playtesting something for me, check out my thread in the scenario forum for more info... ;) You're Red v Red cred means that I'll value your opinion...

• 1 month later...

I love this scenario! I am hungry for more!

--Spoiler--

Real Time

I unleashed a short drop of mortars on the left town and moved up with 2 infantry squads while 2 machine gun squads gave covering fire. All other forces were positioned to hose the center group of buildings while my infantry moved up on the left. The infantry made it with minimal casualties, and with their area fire combined with the BTRs, more mortars, and the rest of the infantry, silenced the middle section. Everyone moved up and occupied the center buildings with just a few wounded. Then I got a little too ahead of myself and recklessly moved the BTRs up to hit the buildings on the right. Those buildings were full of RPG teams and took 3 of the 4 BTRs. and wasted all of the (mounted) infantry that were stuck out in the open as a result. Finally cleared those buildings with about 20 minutes to go.