Moving Waypoints and Placing Units....???

How do you move a waypoint end point after it's been laid ala CMx1?

and...

At the start of a Battle Map I cannot seem to be able to grab and lift the units to place them where I want at the start (within designed area of course).

I checked the manual but couldn't find anything referenced above.

THANKS!

Elmar,

I don't think the initial placement of units is intuitive.

Many people coming from a CMx1 background are used to seeing the 'Place' command in the setup.

In addition, some scenarios do not have a setup zone to move around in and also do not give any indication that the units are padlocked in. My second game ever was Ambush at al Fubar and I could not figure out why I was not allowed to move my men into places I wanted them. There was no setup zone and no notes in the briefing (I was Syrian).

In some of the quick battles I tried my units were placed outside of their setup zones and I was not allowed to move them into a setup zone. That is confusing as well.

I then went to read the manual and could not find anything about how to place your units and restrictions.

But how would you figure out a unit is padlocked? Wouldn't you think that any unit could be placed into your own setup zone? What if you don't even have a setup zone? What if this is one of your first games ever and you just happen to get one of these conditions (like every quick battle PBEM I have ever tried).

When you try using the move command to place your unit during the setup and it is located outside of your setup zone (QBs) it instead shows a move waypoint. That seems to make things confusing.

I wouldn't say this question is stupid, especially considering it gets asked a lot. Making someone posting on the forum feel stupid for asking a question that quite a few others have asked does not raise the bar for intelligence. It just makes a potential opponent/customer feel frustrated. Your mileage may vary of course.

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

I agree that it may not be intuitive to everyone. And I'll grant you that it would've been a good

idea to mention it in the manual. But come on now, anyone not figuring it out on his own inside of a minute has bigger problems then an iffy UI and unhelpful manual.

Let's not make stupid the acceptable norm, shall we?

Excellent. Label new customers for a new product as "stupid". Yumpin' Yimminey!

-dale

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Let's not make stupid the acceptable norm, shall we?

No. Lets just be very rude and unhelpful. That will make everyones day just a little bit better.

But as it took me more then a minute to figure out how to move the units on setup you can just ignore me as I am stupid.