PBEM?

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Technical updates:

(snip)

PBEM... we're not far enough along to say for sure. The things that would nix or allow PBEM haven't happened yet. We'll need some semblance of a "real" scenario with loads of terrain types to know for sure. However, I am as always cautiously optimistic that it will be in and decently functional (i.e. no need to do some sort of file swapping service as some have suggested). So far nothing Charles sees precludes PBEM from working, which is at least a good thing even if it isn't a complete and final assessment.

Steve

Link

Ahh asshats is it.

I see. Next time I'll point you in the right direction and hold your hand until you arrive. Or better yet maybe just cut and paste the relevant text sos you dont have to hurt yer pretty little index finger clicking your mouse button too many times.

Or maybe embed the link in my search .jpg.... Naw that would be too easy and stuff. Maybe you could just email Abbott every time you want to find something. Really, he will enjoy that. He is a peach of a man I tells ya, one of them real touchy-feely types.

Originally posted by Dogface:

Ahh asshats is it.

I see. Next time I'll point you in the right direction and hold your hand until you arrive. Or better yet maybe just cut and paste the relevant text sos you dont have to hurt yer pretty little index finger clicking your mouse button too many times.

Or maybe embed the link in my search .jpg.... Naw that would be too easy and stuff. Maybe you could just email Abbott every time you want to find something. Really, he will enjoy that. He is a peach of a man I tells ya, one of them real touchy-feely types.

I wonder if you were born a Knob, or circumstances grew you that way?

boy ya'll are some touchy posters. Here I am just trying to help out a fellow poster (If one used my jpg then there wouldn't be a need to cut-n-paste BF.c's reply) and I get called names.

Reguarding the original question of PBEM capability in the new CM2 games, when I entered PBEM into the search function I was given oh maybe 50 links about PBEM and CM:SF. Some even had the cryptic thread titles of PBEM? and PBEM:Yes No?.

So it seemed that the original poster didnt spend too much time "finding" info. Also you will notice that in my original reply I was addressing Abbott, not the aformentioned search challenged poster.

Originally posted by SwampYankeeGWJ:

Seems like little has changed on these boards, about a 50-50 split between helpful posts and asshats.

Woooooooow!!! Hold it, dude! :mad: We asshats have a SIGNIFICANT majority! And then there's 'em gutless urineheads like you, but they're pretty insignificant.

• 9 months later...
"Histwar:Les Grognards" will have it even though it's primarily a real-time game and we'll be working VERY hard to include it in CMSF as well.

Martin

Moon posted this in the Theatre of war forum.

I guess if they're working VERY hard to get it into CMSF there's a better than 50/50 chance that it'll be in.

Originally posted by SwampYankeeGWJ:

Seems like little has changed on these boards, about a 50-50 split between helpful posts and asshats.

Personally, I think that's a good split, especially given how often people who use terms like 'asshats' simply have no sense of humour.

I figure responses where 50% of the posters are helpful, and where another somewhat indeterminate number, but probably amounting to as much as 40% of the responses are simply humorous (though not to everyone's taste) means that it's a good Board, and that anyone using the term 'asshats' should probably reach around behind them and adjust the fit and comfort level of the broomstick.

When you're asking someone else to do your work for you, I figure a 'thanks' to the helpfuls, and a 'grin and playful smack talk' reply to the others is a surer way to keep people being helpful than pulling an 'Augustus Caesar' attitude.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

anyone using the term 'asshats' should probably reach around behind them and adjust the fit and comfort level of the broomstick.

Very high quality sig material, that. I think it deserves emphasis.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Now you got me confused, is CMSF still WEGO? Or some hybrid version?

I think BFC has said that CMx2 will be playable both real-time and wego.

[ August 04, 2006, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: kgsan ]

lol nope,

new old I dont care.

But in an effort to save my bandwidth I only post the search jpg once a thread. That and he is a pooler so I try to ignore him.

Also this thread was started back in 2005 and I didnt see the need to rehash the pic.

I think now I will just get a nice jpg of teh blogfront tab and post that from now on.