Is locking down negative posts really nessessary?

Originally posted by Dillweed:

Now I realize that this is a business and not some pinko feel good people republic of BFC...

Frankly, someone who is so fecking half-witted and fundamentally ignorant as to trot out the phrase 'pinko' has to be so wrapped up with trying to negotiate going to the toilet despite tangled shoe-laces and unpaid breakfast tabs that anything else they might have to say simply sails over into the 'Drunken Event Horizon'.

Jesus Fecking Christ, Dillweed. Reach down into your lederhosen and try to come up with some sort of take on Reality that doesn't involve jerking yourself into the resemblance of someone that the rest of us wouldn't just piss on in an alley.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dillweed:

Now I realize that this is a business and not some pinko feel good people republic of BFC...

Frankly, someone who is so fecking half-witted and fundamentally ignorant as to trot out the phrase 'pinko' has to be so wrapped up with trying to negotiate going to the toilet despite tangled shoe-laces and unpaid breakfast tabs that anything else they might have to say simply sails over into the 'Drunken Event Horizon'.

Jesus Fecking Christ, Dillweed. Reach down into your lederhosen and try to come up with some sort of take on Reality that doesn't involve jerking yourself into the resemblance of someone that the rest of us wouldn't just piss on in an alley. </font>

Haha Mord I almost fell out of the chair laughing.

-Ray

Originally posted by Mord:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dillweed:

Jesus Fecking Christ, Dillweed. Reach down into your lederhosen and try to come up with some sort of take on Reality that doesn't involve jerking yourself into the resemblance of someone that the rest of us wouldn't just piss on in an alley. </font>

Originally posted by Warmonger2005:

The problem I found is that no one really wants to debate the issues. Instead you have forum thugs who seem to like to go around and personally attack and riddicule anyone who is unhappy with the new game. (This thread is a prime example) With the end result that the thread gets locked.

[snip]

Which "forum thugs" attacked Dillweed in this post? Some people disagreed with his point, and explained why, but no one attacked him or ridiculed him for raising the question. And certainly this thread has not been locked...

Originally posted by Andrew H.:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Warmonger2005:

The problem I found is that no one really wants to debate the issues. Instead you have forum thugs who seem to like to go around and personally attack and riddicule anyone who is unhappy with the new game. (This thread is a prime example) With the end result that the thread gets locked.

[snip]

Which "forum thugs" attacked Dillweed in this post?</font>

Originally posted by Warmonger2005:

The funny thing is, in the occasions where it is up for debate, the people who start these threads rarely stick around to debate it.

However it is a waste of time to b*t*h about it. Battlefront seems to be commited to this project and we are not going to change thier minds in this forum. It is thier company and they are taking the risks.(I bet they are sweating a bit from the heat they are getting but they won't admit it.)

If I were a betting man, I'd wager twice whatever you put down that they're not.

I have gotten over my initial shock of the topic of this game and I will try the demo but it better be really good before I buy the full game. However with a better subject for the game I would be asking if they were taking preorders right now instead of wondering if I will buy it!

I hope this new game does well as I know then that the promised WW2 version will be even better as CM have always improved with each version. So I will wait and see.

Good Hunting

Warmonger

Which brings up a question. There are slightly less than 20,000 members on this board. Once you've got rid of all of the accounts created when someone forgot their password, and the many incarnations of Gaylord Focker, we're looking at 15,000 or less people. This cannot possibly be more than a small proportion of the number of people who have bought or may buy CM games.

So. The question is this. Why do you think that BFC would be particularly bothered by the opinions of maybe 1% of this board, which is by its very nature a horde of WWII fanatics?

These posts attract ridicule because they are ridiculous. Most often they assume that the poster has a far better intrinsic understanding of the computer games industry than BFC, who are arguably one of the best developers of their size.