One month old and no screenshot!

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Hmmm, all this dissension among the ranks just will not do. Only one way to solve it:

Now its time for the easiest part of any dictator's job. The purges. Although I wasn't able to purge everyone I wanted to, I have purged a lot of you. KiloIndiaAlpha is purged. RSColonel_131st is purged. J Ruddy, you're gone. Soddy, I like your hustle. ... that's why it was so hard to purge you. Congratulations, the rest of you made the team! ... except Dorosh and Barrold.

haha classic homer smile.gif

lol, the company doing the localization for the Finnish version really screwed and apparently, according to rumours, leaked lots of beta screenshots!

these are supposed to be the localized Finnish versions, but you should be able to figure it out. e.g. "valitse taistelu" = "choose the battle".

sorry Dorosh, it seems no Finland 1939, but Finland 1941-1944 instead with what i gather is a fictional 1946-1947 Soviet invasion campaign!

Viipurinlahti3D_1.jpg

DVDvideo_3D.jpg

3Dpress2.jpg

Originally posted by Agua:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Agua:

frontpage_top_390x300.jpg

:eek: HOLY FARKING COW those are the best game graphics I've ever seen!!!! :eek: </font>

Originally posted by tmccarron:

frontpage_top_390x300.jpg

:eek: HOLY FARKING COW those are the best game graphics I've ever seen!!!! :eek: </font>

Originally posted by Sergei:

Doesn't look like Il-2 graphics at all (and isn't). And no, just because you have a 3d engine doesn't mean that you've got most of the work needed for a game done. Actually that is very far from the truth. First of all - what type of game would it be?

What are you talking about? I got the DVD and built a wicked hybrid MMO-FPS-RTS-RPG out of it, all before I had my Cheerios for breakfast. I tied one arm behind my back just to make it somewhat challenging.

Doesn't look like Il-2 graphics at all (and isn't).

Ok, if you say so. But the brown-green colours and the Il-2s really had me fooled for a while. :)

And no, just because you have a 3d engine doesn't mean that you've got most of the work needed for a game done. Actually that is very far from the truth.

Well, yes and no. Designing the graphics engine and the 3D models is certainly one of the most expensive and time-consuming parts of making a game.

First of all - what type of game would it be?

I can think of several possibilities, including the most obvious one which is of course a wargame.