Battlefront -let's get the Marines module out asap please

I'm really hoping that we're going to hear that you are working on the Marines module and that it will be out sometime in the next quarter? I'm probably a lone voice here but after you get 1.06 out later this month(?) the game is pretty much fixed for me. This game REALLY needs some new units, Blue AND Red. I, for one, am looking forward to getting new 'toys' to play with as the Syrian.

It would also be a good place to provide us with LOTS of new flavour objects. There really is no end to what could be added. So far, nobody has been daft enough to try to put them ALL onto one map so we can be trusted with them :D

And also new building types. I'm hoping that we will get some commercial buildings, shops etc. water would be good too.

Besides, I'm sure you guys would like to get paid for the work you're doing, right? :D Have a happy New Year and let's hope it's a VERY busy one for you.

Hype? What hype? I'm not hyping anything up. :confused: I have read that the Marines module will give the Syrians an Airborne unit that's equipped with BMP-3s. Also the T-80 or possibly even the T-90. That will up the challenge for the US player, (though probably not much but who cares :D , I play mostly Red on Red just now).

This game has already been out for nearly 6 months. It's about time those of us who really are enjoying the period were able to expand it. I wasn't keen on it to start with but Modern Era is definitely growing on me.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

The Marines Module is next and it will build on the existing game system. There will be three things to look forward to:

1. Full array of Marines equipment and organization. Should be a very different experience from a tactics point of view.

2. Inclusion of Syrian Airborne equipment and TO&E. For sure this means BMP-3 and Milan ATGMs. We will include at least one new Syrian tank, which we had intended to be a T-80 but we are now leaning towards a T-90. The reason is Assad went on a shopping trip recently and it would seem that they're changing their wish list from T-80 (they actually had evaluation units some years ago) to T-90.

3. Some new game features. This is TBD but there won't be a radical change in the core game system over what we've patched between now and then. Large feature changes won't happen until the WWII game is out.

Steve

This was posted WAYYYY back on Aug 21 and I haven't been able to run down any update. It's time for a bone here, especially on item (3).

Yet another pitch for my own wish list:

- Building shopfronts and vehicle flavour objects

- For both sides, ability to fortify and camo-- at least with sandbags -- buildings and entrenchments

- Armoured Humvee gun trucks

- Western allied, equipped (and maybe led) local forces (jundi, peshmerga, etc.).

Wow, how did I forget this! "Exit for Victory Points" conditions. Please tell me that this will be coming at some point in the future. I currently have a scenario on the go just now and I want Red force to 'exit' the board so the Blue force board edge has a thin phase line that Red must touch for a game winning bonus. But that condition is fulfilled by having just one unit touch it... period... even a crew can earn those points while nobody else makes it.

It would also allow me to create missions where one side must exit his force on his own board edge but won't win unless he kills 50% of the OPFOR. The existing VP system is excellent but just this one thing would make it outstanding.