• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Meeting engagement

Probe

Assualt

Attack

These are the 4 QB types. But for some reason I don't get to buy my forces. Once again I point at the 1.0 as the problem, because I've read you should be able to. Oh well, I'll continue to try and dig up some interesting stuffs while waiting for the big one to come down smile.gif .

lol I held down shift to be able to drag a selection box around my heavy mechanized syrian army. BUT they all went invisible except 3 tanks. Now that's some serious bugger :D

EDIT: Oh wait! That was because they had no contact with the others! They where just showing markers! Damn that's awesome!

In anticipation of CM:SF I updated my Nvidia Geforce 7600GT driver last night and tested it on "Medieval II Total War". It ran smooth as silk with maxed out graphical settings (except unit size I think, which I kept to normal) plus x2 antialiasing and x4 anistropic filtering. I will therefore be frankly very surprised and disappointed if CM:SF doesn't run smooth too.

Pentium D. I'll see if I can find that fix.

The fix is not needed I guess. All I have to do to not get totally choppy is refrain from using the keyboard. It's uncomfortable but workable. Anyway, can't wait for 1.01

[ July 27, 2007, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Razer ]

The fix is available Here. Some specific things your need to do to your registry to make it work.

To Edit your registry to enable the HOTFIX,follow these steps.

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.

2. Right-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager, point to New, and then click Key.

3. Type Throttle for the new key name.

4. Right-click Throttle, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

5. Type PerfEnablePackageIdle for the value name.

6. Right-click PerfEnablePackageIdle, and then click Modify.

7. In the Edit DWORD Value box, type 1. In the Value data box, make sure that Hexadecimal is selected, and then click OK.

8. Quit Registry Editor.

Almost forgot to mention that the fix is mainly for AMD 64 X2 chipsets smile.gif

Btw, the tac AI is clearly at fault in 1.0. Sometimes under fire, some of the soldiers decided to stand up and walk towards cover. That usually got them shot dead. Oh and when I where going to clear a house, I sent in a squad with the hunt command. There where 3 small houses lined up, so they went in the one furthest from the house I wanted them to go into and then went the roof way down it. When they got down there, they spread out, covering the windows. Bam, suddenly there is 3 Syrian infantery standing in their midst. Noone is reacting. Then BAM, one of the soldiers shoots the other. And so on. It took them like 20 seconds to take down those 3 men after they'd been spotted at -1 meter distance.

Conclusion: I really really hope that patch 1.01 fixed these issues. Because pretty much all I haven't mentioned is golden.

Hi Razer,

while you really want the 1.01 release patch and it really does address a very long list of small and large issues (several hundred items opened and closed in the 5 weeks it took to complete from the version that you have), among them various AI bugs, what you describe above is not a bug, but an abstraction (well, the entry through the roof IS a bug, but the close sombat afterwards is not).

There is no (visible) hand to hand brawling in CMSF, just like there are no (visible) building interiors. It would have been impossible for our team to model and code the complex animations to fully visualize this kind of action. We plan to do it, or at least reduce the abstraction level somewhat from what it is now, but this will take a lot of time and effort.

Instead, close quarter battle (such as, inside the same building) is abstracted much like it was abstracted in CMx1. You will see guys switch to full auto, throw handgrandes and all that, but the visual actions to not fully represent what is going on under the hood. In the 20 seconds you mention above that nobody seemed to react, you have to picture guys securing room after room, for example.

The good news is that the framework for the new engine will allow us to finetune such things in a much more efficient way in the future because it's much more modular, so over time we will be able to reduce these abstractions one by one.

Martin

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. The big problem I had with it was that they went into the hous with the enemy troops. No visual contact yet. They deploy around the interiour of the litte house (I might add, only one room). After they are deployed the enemy "spawned" right next to them. Appearing out of plain sight. Then after that awkward silence the whole abstracted combat began.

I've got nothing against abstractions, but that appearing out of plain sight, is that also one? Just wondering.

Tip for camera controls:

WSADQE is medium camera speeds.

Arrow keys are very slow.

Mouse on the edges of the screen is the quickest.

My personal preference is to use the mouse for forward and back/side to side. I use Q/E for rotation. This keeps the camera smooth.