New Screenshots from latest build

Originally posted by fischkopf:

Yeah holy cow!! The increase in scale is blowing my mind!

Can't wait to send away my $25 (?) and get a copy of this!!

Hey dude you're a man of the old 2002 guard that never got really active in the game...time to shape up and play SC 2 properly I hope...dont let me down Fish Cop...

Originally posted by thedon900:

Ummmmm sorry how big is the map again i forgot i no it was discussed way bak when but cant b stuffed 2 look 4 that...... Looks fkn HUGE...

138*38 is the map size at this time. That could always change (bigger), who knows.

• 1 month later...

This screen shots are fantastic, and the time before the game goes out terrible...

I've juste seen a problem in your pictures: in the one down left of the second page, the french army have a wrong flag: it's blue, white, red and the right one is red (outside), white, blue. The one on the picture is the english flag.

Congratulations for the first SC, witch seems not to be as good as the second game...

I dont think the graphics will appeal to as many as an ordinary top view hexgame would have. This feels like a game of battlechess to me or like moving about big old statues of russki war heroes something. I think the people playing hex/tile games (dont get me started) generally does not premiere graphics but what they generally seek i think is more of a "war-map" feeling. Noone will on the other hand buy this kind of game primarely on graphics, but i really hope the gameplay is something else and that the modability is great. As long as you can promise me that there is no smoke coming out of those barrels during battle i will most likely buy the game just to try it out as these games are rare these days.

First let me say that I will be purchasing SC 2 as I played a lot of SC and think it is a great game. However looking at the new screenshots, they just don't "look right" For example the screenshot of St. Mere Eglise which was just a small village. The graphical representation though is the "parliament building" which is used regardless of whether it is Paris or in this case, St. Mere Eglise. Maybe a small church for villages would be more suitable. Anyway, hopefully this one is as much fun as SC.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say as the new graphics do anything special for me. Too cluttered and the angle is disorienting. A conventional horizontal perspective would be better I think. If the game actually looks like that, I'd probably pass on it rather than deal with the headache I'd get from staring at it...unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...